Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBS Recording - Window

Hello !

Does anyone managed to record Ninja 8 windows with Window Recording feature of OBS ? For me it shows a black screen.
    I'm talking about Window Recording, not Screen Recording.
    Even if i need to create a new AddOn (I already use one). Does anyone knows why OBS doesn't work, and what I can change on AddOne to work with ?

Thanks !

We do not have any documentation on what screen/window recording programs do and do not function with NinjaTrader, however, I encourage other users who have experience with the software you're referring to to chime in with any useful information.

Comment

I have the same issue with OBS Studio. Does anyone know of a free screen recording application that can record NT8 windows? Anyone using OBS successfully in NT8 Windows? OBS Studio does work with NT8 if I set it to record the entire screen. But when I try to record just a single window ( a chart for example ) it shows a blank screen. I can move the mouse over the window and OBS shows the mouse moving but leaves a trail everywhere it went. I tried 2 different computers, one Win7 and other Win10(built using Intel integrated graphics) ... same problem. I checked OBS logs, nothing suspicious. Checked OBS forum. Found some others with similar problems recording games but nothing that led to resolution. This problem falls between the cracks of NT and OBS.

Comment

confirm OBS doesn't work with NT8 Windows for me (per #Brillo works for display, just not Window - suggestion workaround - FullScreen the NT window you want to record & record the Display?). Doesn't work with MS Edge either, for example. My guess would be it is to do with the technology the windows use and OBS not being compatible - NT8 employed some new technology/format in 8 iirc (wpf or wpm or some other such acronym) but I'm not fluent in Conehead, just a simple soul.

I believe it is simply a case that NT uses a Windows window technology that OBS isn't compatible with. Would have thought NT could determine, as they know whether I'm rambling or some credence to what I suggest i.e. they know that they use custom windows and that there's a fair likelihood that is the cause of OBS not working with them

Alternatives - Techsmith's Jing but end of Support. Bandicam (limited clip duration with free version, iirc).
        Last edited by brucerobinson; 01-15-2020, 06:07 AM.

Comment

For anyone interested:
          The problem is with the technology behind Ninja, WPF.
          WPF uses some kind of trick rendering behind it, but it can be disabled.
          So I managed to get my AddOn woking with OBS and WindowCapture, but not default Ninja windows.
          To get that you need to set to False the property AllowsTransparency of AddOnFramework class.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianoFL View Post
            For anyone interested:
            The problem is with the technology behind Ninja, WPF.
            WPF uses some kind of trick rendering behind it, but it can be disabled.
            So I managed to get my AddOn woking with OBS and WindowCapture, but not default Ninja windows.
            To get that you need to set to False the property AllowsTransparency of AddOnFramework class.

Can you explain where that option comes from the AddOnFramework class? I've been looking in the NinjaScript editor and I don't see it.

Thank you.​

Comment

Originally posted by herkok View Post

Can you explain where that option comes from the AddOnFramework class? I've been looking in the NinjaScript editor and I don't see it.

Thank you.​
              I don't know if the base script of AddOnFramework from NinjaScript is still like this but:
              The base has a class for the Window, that class inherits from NTWindow class, that inherits from Window class.

The Window class has that property:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/do...owsdesktop-7.0

Comment

This may help someone... using OBS v30.0.2 I was able to use "Window Capture" to see the chart by choosing the window named "[NinjaTrader.exe]: (null)"

It seems there are 2 windows that run the chart, so don't use the window called "Chart" in the OBS Window dropdown box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	31
Size:	985.2 KB
ID:	1293444

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes