Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Commission in PNL

Hello,

in NT7 I was able to add the commission to the "gross realized pnl" when flat in charttrader and super dom.

In NT8 it shows me the realized pnl when flat, but I could not find something in the options and properties to add the commissions.

Many thanks for help.
    Best regards
    André

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

To apply commissions, please take the steps below.

Navigate to the Accounts tab of the Control Center
    Right click on the Account you would like to apply the commissions to, and select 'Edit Account'
    In the 'Commission' drop-down menu, select the commission template.
    Click OK
    If the commission templates you see don't suit you, then you may create a custom commissions template by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Commissions. In this window, click, "add" in the Templates section towards the bottom left side to create a new template. Next, depending on the instrument type you intend on trading, click on the instrument type in the 'Commission per instrument type' section, and click edit. Lastly, add the 'Minimum commission' or 'Per-unit commission' and then click 'OK'. Follow the above steps to apply the commission template to your account.

Unfortunately, the prior orders you've executed will not be applied with commissions, however, the new orders you execute will have the commissions applied.

Additionally, please see the following NinjaTrader 8 help guide link directed section for more on commissions.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ommissions.htm

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Eric,
      thanks for help, but that was not my question.
      In the account tab and order execution I already have the commissions.
      What I asked was the commisions which are showed (btw not showed now) in the chart trader and super dom. In NT 7 it was here possible to show a PNL including commission.
      Please see the attached files.
      Regards André
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mirasol,

Thanks for your reply. As long as you have configured your commissions properly in the Accounts tab of the Control Center, your PnL should reflect this.

Please see the steps below on how to apply a Commission Per Instrument Type.

Navigate to the Control Center -> Tools > Commissions
        Click 'add' in the Templates section (at the bottom)
        Type a name for your commissions template in the 'Name' field
        Under the section 'Commission Per Instrument Type', select the instrument type that you would like to add the commissions to and then select 'edit'
        Set a value for either 'Minimum Commission' (commission rate per side) or 'Per-unit Commission' (commission rate for each individual contract), and then click 'OK'.
        Click 'OK' to exit the Commissions window
        Please see the steps below on how to apply a Commission Per Instrument.

Navigate to the Control Center -> Tools > Commissions
        Click 'add' in the Templates section (at the bottom)
        Type a name for your commissions template in the 'Name' field
        Under the section 'Commission Per Instrument', select the instrument that you would like to add the commissions to and then select 'edit'
        Select the instrument you would like to add the commissions to and then set a value for either 'Minimum Commission' (commission rate per side) or 'Per-unit Commission' (commission rate for each individual contract), and then click 'OK'.
        Click 'OK' to exit the Commissions window
        Now you will have to apply the commissions template you just created to an account. Please see the following steps to do so.

Navigate to the Control Center -> Accounts tab
        Right click on an account and select 'Edit Account...'
        On the 'Commission' row, select the name of the custom template you created in the pull-down menu
        Click 'OK
        Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,
          Sorry but that is what I have already done weeks ago, and what eric wrote me before.
          And as you can see in my attached photo, the commission is displayed correctly in the account tap.

But it is not added in the chart trader or super dom pnl.
          That is what I like to reach. Same as it was in NT7
          Thanks
          Regards
          Andre

Comment

Hello Mirasol,

Thank you for your reply post. You have the same option to "Show gross realized PnL when flat" in NinjaTrader 8.

Within your Chart Trader panel or SuperDOM window, please right click and select Properties
            Under General, make sure "Show gross realized PnL when flat" is checked
            Click OK

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello Mirasol,

After testing this, this behavior of the PnL in NinjaTrader 8 not taking commissions into account is under review. Once I have more information regarding this, I will let you know.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

ok thanks, attached in the screenshot you will find the button in NT7 that I am searching in NT8.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mirasol,

Thank you for your patience as I have been looking further into this.

Regarding the ability to see "Realized PnL" (not Gross Realized PnL) displayed in your Chart Trader window, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello Mirasol,

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1517. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

Details :
                    * "Show gross realized PnL when flat" would become "Show realized PnL when flat""
                    * Another checkbox "Report PnL without commissions (Gross PnL)" would be added to properties context menus

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

Comment

perfect, many thanks

Comment

Has this feature request SFT-1517 been added yet? If so, how do I access it, as I don't see it under the General options. If not, can you please expedite it? It seems simple enough...

Comment

This feature has not yet been implemented. When new features are implemented, you'll find them noted in the release notes.

Comment

Hi, will Ninja Trader still be implementing this feature discussed above for NT8? Otherwise, are there any alternative to reflect the correct PNL on the chart which takes into account for commissions?

Comment

This feature request has not yet been implemented. Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                              • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                              • Feasibility
                              • Developer bandwidth
                              • Current projects in the queue
                              • Economics
                              You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

You can currently monitor the 'Realized PnL' in the Accounts tab of the Control Center to monitor the commissions of open positions (if a commission template has been applied to the account:This is 'one side' of the commissions. Once we exit, this value changes to include or PnL with commissions included:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bmartz
                              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes