Collapse

Add Commission in PNL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing gross PnL on chart trader instead of net is a huge miss from NinjaTrader. Just fix it already, we've been stuck with gross for years. Who has a use case for seeing their gross PnL on chart trader? It seems obviously unuseful.

Comment

Add my 1000 up votes for SFT-1517

Comment

"This feature request has not yet been implemented. Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
        • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
        • Feasibility
        • Developer bandwidth
        • Current projects in the queue
        • Economics
        You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented."

Obvious usefulness vs development effort should be a criteria, of which I am sure this would rank highly.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, NickyD . I've passed your sentiments on to the Development Team as well as added your vote to SFT-1517.

Comment

Hi Patrick, please add my vote to SFT-1517 as well. It's disappointing to find out that such basic feature that was working perfectly fine in NT7 was removed in NT8.

Comment

Added, ClementGan .

For any other users who vote for this feature request, I'll continue to add your votes but will not be confirmed that with a post moving forward.

Comment

Hi Patrick, please add my vote to SFT-1517. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi, please add my vote to SFT-1517. Thanks

Comment

Please add my vote to SFT-1517. Thanks

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hello all. Was this request meanwhile implemented and now available in the latest version of Ninjatrader8 (as today 8.0.22.2) ? If so, how to enable it and how to import the fees/commissions for NinjatraderBrokerage into NT8? any help appreciated.

Comment

patricia70, SFT-1517 is very specifically about showing realized PnL including commissions in order entry window's PnL displays. The information that my colleague Eric provided in post #2 will include commissions in any PnL location that isn't obtained directly from the data feed. For example, the Trade Performance window.

Also, to see what changes have been made in each version of NinjaTrader, please browse through the release notes.

Comment

Please add my vote

This feature should have been added from the beginning, it seems obvious to me. I personally get tired of voting for features that are so basic and I am sure would not require a major rewrite I don't understand why there is not a list of 10 or more of these types of features added every release. some releases don't have any or maybe one. From outside it seems like there is not much new development of NT8 happens other that what NT considers bugs. James 108

Comment

NinjaTrader_PatrickG thanks for your explanation. I just tried that. I checked and modified/adjusted the existing NTB template under Tools-->Commissions to reflect the latest and updated fees for the futures I trade. Then I click into ControlCenter --> [accounts] tab and I see my todays balance and PnL. For example I have currently shown a PnL of $300. I right-click my account and activate the commission template which I checked before. I click [OK] but the account tab still shows me $300 in the PnL column. That is not correct as you realize. I would expect to see a lower value here because the net PnL is lower than gross PnL.

I want to add that toggling "account" --> "properties" --> "commission" to on or off does not affect my trade performance at all. I have compared both outputs and the output is exact the same. So it doesn't work here as expected either.
                                Last edited by patricia70; 09-16-2020, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cls71