Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After New NT8 Install, Cannot Access Indicators

Hello,

I just got a new PC and set it up. I then installed NT8 and copied my workspaces, templates and configuration files from my old PC to my new PC.

But I forgot to put any of my indicator Zip files into the NT8 'import' folder, so none of my indicators loaded on my charts.

And I got an error that said:

Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript files.

I do not do any NinjaScript programming and have no knowledge in that area.

Then I did a NT8 'restore' from a recent backup file and then copied my indicator Zip files into the NT8 'import' folder (after seeing that it was still empty).

But none of my indicators loaded on my charts.

So then I tried to manually import an indicator that I use.

And I got an error message that said:

You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive file.

Screenshots attached.

Please advise,
    Attached Files

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling an indicator in NinjaTrader 8. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center click the New menu -> select NinjaScript Editor
    • On the right open a script such the Indicators -> ADL script
    • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all scripts
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the error column fully expanded so that I may read the entire error message.
    (Click and drag on the small faint separator between column heads to expand that column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Please let me know if you would like assistance resolving the error.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for your reply.

I know nothing about NinjaScripts and so cannot comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

So I assume it would be futile for me to try any of the steps you outlined above.

Please advise,

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

If I am able to see the requested screenshot with the error messages showing the file name I can direct you to remove the reference to the missing file, correct the reference path, or add a reference if there are assemblies without references.

If there are programming errors, I can direct you to remove the indicator or strategy with programming errors.

If you are wanting someone to perform these actions on your behalf, then you need to send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The error message that I get does not specify a file name. It just says that there is an error somewhere in one of my indicators and then wishes me luck with it all.

I will email platform support later on to perform the troubleshooting actions on my behalf, as you mentioned.

Thanks again,

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

May I confirm you have followed the steps to open the NinjaScript Editor and compile to show the compile errors?

This will show the reference or file by name in the Error column. Please fully expand this column.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for the follow up.

I uninstalled NT8 then reinstalled it. After that I installed the indicators that I use one by one.

Then I copied my template files and chart workspaces as well as my configuration files to the new instance of NT8 on my new computer.

And that did the trick to resolve all my previous problems. My charts appear as before and I no longer get error messages. So the issues appear to be fixed now.

Thanks,

Comment

Hey guys, I got exactly the same issue. Here are the steps I did: when I tried to import the script, I got the message as i2w8am9ii2
                Then I tried to compile and got another error. Before that I have read the error message that it was a problem in facebook sharing indicator, but last time Editor even doesn't want to compile and notifies about the issue with Visual Studio. I updated the last version of NT8, but had the same issue with previous version.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	NT8 - when try to import a script.JPG Views:	2 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	1039741Click image for larger version  Name:	NT8 - when click on Complite in Editor.JPG Views:	2 Size:	50.8 KB ID:	1039742
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your post.

Please navigate to the following directory and delete the Facebook.cs file. Then compile again.
                  • Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ShareServices

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
                  Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
                    Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your post.

Please navigate to the following directory and delete the Facebook.cs file. Then compile again.
                    • Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ShareServices

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
                    NT shows the message like I attached in the previous post: Failed to find Visual Studio installation

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
                        Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

HI Shawn, please ignore the last message I've sent you. I've imported the COT script. Now everything is OK with Script Editor

Facebook sharing script was an evil )))

Comment

That's intreresting. After I've run COT indicator sevraltimes, it shows the error now
                          Indicator 'CotPlusOpenInterestPlusCOTIndex': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: Sorry there was an error with DownloadDataCFTC(): An exception occurred during a WebClient request.

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your post.

Comment

Originally posted by alexstox View Post
                              That's intreresting. After I've run COT indicator sevraltimes, it shows the error now
                              Indicator 'CotPlusOpenInterestPlusCOTIndex': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: Sorry there was an error with DownloadDataCFTC(): An exception occurred during a WebClient request.
                              alexstox , you make reference to a COT indicator. Do you know where I can find it for download?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB