Stop Limit Quantity Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Limit Quantity Confirmation

Hello, I have a simple request. I would like NT8 to stop asking me how many quantity I want when I do a stop limit order. All the other order types don't ask me because it's already defined in my ATM strategy and ChartTrader.

Please see the attached picture of the quantity confirmation popup I'm referring to.

Thank you

Hello Tremendous,

Thank you for your post.

The item you're seeing with your Stop Limit order is not a quantity field, this is the offset value for your limit order, specific to the Stop Limit order only. From the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide below:
    Stop-Limit Offset
    When submitting a stop-limit order, a numeric field will appear, allowing you to set the limit offset of the order (the number of ticks away at which you wish to place the Limit price of the Stop-Limit order). Either by using your mouse scroll wheel or clicking on the up/down arrows in the numeric field, set the number of ticks and press the check mark button to complete the order submission. For example, if you intend to place an order with a buy Stop price of 1000 and a Limit price of 1001 (4 ticks for the S&P E-mini contract), you would set the numeric field value to 4. Following the same example and submitting a sell stop-limit order, setting the numeric field value to 4 would result in a stop price of 1000 and a limit price of 999. Pressing the "X" button will cancel the order submission operation.

This information can also be found at the link below:
    Please feel free to write into PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com, if you need any additional assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Heath View Post
      Hello Tremendous,

Thank you for your post.

The item you're seeing with your Stop Limit order is not a quantity field, this is the offset value for your limit order, specific to the Stop Limit order only. From the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide below:
      Stop-Limit Offset
      When submitting a stop-limit order, a numeric field will appear, allowing you to set the limit offset of the order (the number of ticks away at which you wish to place the Limit price of the Stop-Limit order). Either by using your mouse scroll wheel or clicking on the up/down arrows in the numeric field, set the number of ticks and press the check mark button to complete the order submission. For example, if you intend to place an order with a buy Stop price of 1000 and a Limit price of 1001 (4 ticks for the S&P E-mini contract), you would set the numeric field value to 4. Following the same example and submitting a sell stop-limit order, setting the numeric field value to 4 would result in a stop price of 1000 and a limit price of 999. Pressing the "X" button will cancel the order submission operation.

This information can also be found at the link below:
      Please feel free to write into PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com, if you need any additional assistance.
      This makes total sense now. Thank you!

Comment

Hello Tremendous,

You're very welcome.

Please feel free to reply here or to email support directly at PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com, if you need any additional assistance.

Comment

Hello, i was actually going to ask the same question.
          Is there a way to pre-set this offset value, so i don't have another step before my order goes through? Many times i would like to enter into a trade at a limit price fast and this second steps makes me miss my entry. thank you kindly, Kinga

Comment

Hello Queenga,

Thank you for your note.

You can use a predefined Stop limit offset however please be aware it will be applied to ALL stop limit orders submitted through that order entry window after that point. This will also only apply to the order entry window you set it for (chart trader, SuperDOM, etc)

To do this:
            • Right Click in the background of the Chart Trader or other order entry window.
            • select Properties.
            • Check the box next to "Predefined Stop limit offset"
            • Add the value for your offset in the "Predefined Stop Limit Offset Value" filed.
            • Hit OK
            Please see the screenshot below for an example of this setting.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses