Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem loading market replay data

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and I'm doing simulated trading with ninja trader 7 and the market replay, I've downloaded the data from the web - https://www.marketreplaydata.com/ and when loading the market data of the 03-09 contract, and seeing a graph (whatever the time frame), there is a jump of days between December 20, 2018 and the day I will operate in 2019. And I don't know what the problem is.

I hope you can help me, thanks greetings.

Please clarify - your starting date for the reply is some time in 2019, however, you're viewing historical data prior to that but have a gap in that data from Dec. 20 2018 until a certain date (what date?). It sounds like you may be missing historical data.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)
    • When you're not connected to Market Replay, who do you connect to? In other words, do you have a real-time/historical data provider?

Comment

Hello good day, First of all, the version of ninja trader 7 that I am using is 7.0.1000.40. Second, when I do not connect to the market replay, I connect to the 15-day test database provided by the ninja trader, since I still do not pay for having a real account. Third, the jump of days goes from December 20, 2018 to the day you select in January 2019, for example if I want to simulate on January 4, the jump of days that do not appear would be from December 20, 2018 , until January 4, 2019, if I simulate January 7, they disappear from December 20, 2018, until January 7, and so with every day, except from January 9, that the January 8-9 if you show me, but from January 8, 2019, to December 20, 2018 nothing, no data. I hope you can help me, thank you very much for your attention, greetings.

Comment

It sounds like you need to manually download historical data. You did not clarify what instrument you are viewing the 03-19 contract of, so below in my instructions substitute 'ES' with the instrument if it's not ES that you're working with:
        • Connect to the '15 day test database' (I assume you mean the futures demo from CQG)
        • Control Center > Tools > Historical Data Manager
        • Download tab
        • Choose ES 03-19 from the list of instruments
        • Choose a start date and end date that would be relevant to you (it sounds like you need data from Dec 20 2018-Jan 4 2019)
        • The interval section has 'minute' checked by default. If you're viewing something that is not minute based in replay (like 4 renko, 2000 volume ,150 tick, 1 day), check Tick and Day as well. If you only use minute-based charts, make no changes.
        • Download
        You should now have the historical data you need. Test to see if the same symptom still persists or not.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Tim-c
        by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes