Import Tick Data from txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Tick Data from txt

Hello, I am trying to import tick data from .txt file.

I am getting the error:

Import type 'Tick Data, LLC': Error on calling 'OnNextDataPoint' method: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ImportTypes.TickDataImport Type.OnNextDataPoint() at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ImportTypes.ImportType.Imp ort(MarketDataType marketDataType, TimeZoneInfo sourceTimeZoneInfo, Boolean generateMinuteBars, Boolean generateDailyBars, IProgress progress)

K200 12-19: Unexpected number of fields in line '0', should be 3, 5 or 6.

In attachment, the file that I used to do the import.

Thanks
    Everton
    Attached Files

For your reference, here is the help guide section on importing data:

Can you clarify the exact settings and steps you're using when you import this file?

Comment

Yes, I tried all steps in link
      tks
      Everton

Comment

Help me please

Comment

evertonalex , I need you to provide more details about exactly what steps you're following. For example, are you following the steps in the ' Formatting data from Tick Data, LLC' section?

Please elaborate on the exact steps you're taking so I may more accurately assist you.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_PatrickG

Thanks by reply. I attached the steps...

Tks
            Everton

ImportNTError.docx

Comment

For security reasons, I cannot open your .docx file. Could you copy and paste the contents from the file into a forum post?

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_PatrickG

I put in zip the images.

prints.zip

Thanks
                Everton

Comment

I cannot open any files other than .txt files due to security concerns. It would be much better if you could type all of the information into a reply on the forums. The forums allow you to attach images as well.

Comment

Sorry NinjaTrader_PatrickG

Comment

I've reduced your file to just two lines and I still receive this error when I try to import:
                      "Import type 'Tick Data, LLC': Error on calling 'OnNextInstrument' method: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ImportTypes.TickDataImport Type.OnNextInstrument() at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ImportTypes.ImportType.Imp ort(MarketDataType marketDataType, TimeZoneInfo sourceTimeZoneInfo, Boolean generateMinuteBars, Boolean generateDailyBars, IProgress progress)"

I would assume this means the data is in an incorrect format, but I would also assume that if you followed the help guide steps for Tick Data, LLC the data would automatically be in the correct format. I will be testing TickWrite data behavior and I'll follow up when I have more information.

Comment

Sorry for the delay - I've done some testing and I believe the root issue here is that you're mistakenly selecting 'Tick Data LLC' when you did not obtain this data from 'Tick Data LLC'. That option should only be used when you've explicitly obtained your data from Tick Data LLC'.

The import should work if you use the "Ninjatrader end of bar timestamps" option and assuming you've created a custom instrument for K200 (as that instrument does not exist natively in NinjaTrader). Please visit this link for more information on importing:

Comment

I had problems like this college because NT8 for import from TickData waiting Time with milliseconds! So If you try import WITHOUT milliseconds - you will have Error!
                          So, solution: 1)export from TickData with milliseconds OR you can put 5 zero to time field, after seconds. You need 11 digits for Time column! Import type - TickData LLC

Colleges from Ninja - do you have any documents, manuals with descriptions for Import Types?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post DynamicTest  
                          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post ScottWalsh