Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tabs and ATM Strategy on NT8

Hi,
    I use a chart with tabs, plus the chart trader with an atm strategy for my trading... When I have a number of charts organised on tabs and the chart trader is opened on each. I have to make sure the same ATM strategy is on each chart trader as there have been a number of times the ATM Strategy has reverted back to none.... When I enter a trade on one chart and select another chart via a tab the ATM strategy on the next chart has changed to none. This has caught me out a number of times and has cost me money. Is there any way to make sure an ATM strategy on the chart trader is locked and cant change unless selected? Or even better pin the ATM Strategy to that chart so you can use different ATM strategies on each chart/template..

Thanks for your help
    clepal
    Last edited by clepal; 09-26-2019, 04:21 AM.

Hello clepal,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

Each Order Entry window is going to be it's own instance and any of it's settings will be unique will not be linked to any other Order Entry window (this includes the ChartTrader pane). You'll need to manually set each ATM Strategy dropdown before submitting any orders to ensure orders placed on that specific window will submit with the ATM strategy you have selected on that Order Entry window.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco,
      There must be a bug in NT8 then? Try this - create a chart, open the chart trader and set the atm to a strategy. Then do the same in another chart (different instrument) with a tab. Enter a trade on one chart and while in the trade look at the other tab - it will be changed to none... Also if you have multiple charts of the same instrument linked, then the atm strategy on all charts changes to none as well.. When you come out of the trade sometimes the ATM strategy changes back to normal but only sometimes....
      Last edited by clepal; 09-26-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Right click on the ChartTrader pane> Properties. In the ATM Strategy Selection Mode, you have several options which can modify this behavior:

Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission

This mode will keep the currently selected ATM Strategy template selected in the strategy control list upon order submission.

This mode is designed for traders who by default, want to always create a new set of Stop Loss and Profit Target brackets (new ATM Strategy) with each new order placed. An example of this would be a trader who wanted a single bracket placed with a Stop Loss of four ticks and a Profit Target of eight ticks. The trader wants to place two entry limit orders, the first at a price of X and the second at a price of X - 2 ticks. The purpose is to scale into an overall position but have the brackets be submitted and calculated from each individual fill price of the two orders.

Select Active ATM Strategy on Order Submission

This mode will automatically select the newly created active ATM Strategy on entry order submission in the ATM Strategy control list. This is the default setting upon initial NinjaTrader installation.

This mode is designed for traders who want the existing strategy Stop Loss and Profit Targets to be automatically amended when they scale into or out of a position being managed by an ATM Strategy by default.

Display Selected ATM Strategy Only

This mode is an advanced mode and should only be used once you have become very familiar with the NinjaTrader application.

This mode is designed for traders who want to run concurrent ATM Strategies (trades) in the same market. This mode will visually separate all concurrent running ATM Strategies thereby allowing you to have multiple SuperDOMs open, tracking the same market but displaying different trade strategies. A practical example might be that you have taken a day long intra day swing trade against a fifteen minute chart for five contracts. Throughout the day, you scalp the same market on a one minute time frame. This mode allows you to have two SuperDOMs open, one allocated to manage and only display your day long intra day swing trade, the other used to manage and only display your scalp trades.

More information about this topic can be found here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ction_mode.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes