Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Log Error not displaying indicator name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Log Error not displaying indicator name?

Hello Support

When an indicator error occurs in the log, it never displays the name of the indicator? I would expect Ninjatrader software to at least be able to read and display the name of the indicator that is causing the error! It's extremely inefficient to go thru a long winded process of elimination of removing and adding indicators or rebuilding an entire complex workspace just to find the indicator that is causing the error. Surely the software should be able to alert us to which indicator is causing the error?

Is this something you can fix?

Appreciate your assistance

Typically this indicates that the label property of the indicator is blank. Can you confirm whether or not this is the case? In your chart, right-click and select indicators. From the configured list, select an indicator then locate its 'Label' property. Is there any text in this field? You'll need to check all applied indicators.

Comment

Hi Patrick

I'm not at my pc at the moment but I can confirm that the majority of my indicator labels are blank. I do this to keep the top of my charts tidy. I have multiple chart windows in my workspace, all using different indicators. I would have to go into every chart window and re-label every indicator and then undo this entire process. Could you perhaps add a feature request that the software looks elsewhere in the code for the indicator name other than the label?

I don't know much about programming but I think I've seen the indicator name displayed in different locations in the indicator code?

Do you think your developers can make this work or do you know of any other way?

Appreciate your assistance

Comment

I also do not know what type of errors you're referring to so it is difficult for me to be accurate, but in general NinjaTrader relies on the label property to print information into those errors. We can treat what you're referring to as two separate issues:
        1. Why doesn't NinjaTrader print the indicator name in an error about an indicator (what this thread is about primarily)
        2. Why am I experiencing errors with my indicators (let's discuss this via email)

Issue #1 - I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4093. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Issue #2 - Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2288324 ATTN PatrickG
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-08-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes