NQ link with MNQ order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NQ link with MNQ order

Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to analyzing NQ charts and when a condition in NQ is true the order is open in MNQ. The reason of this is some indicators like volume or tick charts have different behavior when you compare NQ and MNQ and I would like to have a authomatic strategy open orders by NQ conditions but open in MNQ. Please let me know if is possible.

Thank you all.

Hello AChammas,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, you can create a strategy that uses one instrument for analysis and based on the decision logic you create in the strategy, can place orders in another instrument.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your quickly answer. How can I do this?

Comment

Hello AChammasm

Thanks for your reply.

With NinjaTrader you can create strategies through the strategy builder which is a non-programming interface or directly in Ninjascript which are methods and properties based on C# programming language.

Here is a link to the strategy builder in the help guide: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...gy_builder.htm Note: links direct you to the and each page will have links to further pages.

Here is a link to our public training webinar on using the strategy builder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt...ZmVnauWXkWe0Nf

If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using.

This video introducing the NinjaScript editor is an excellent resource,

Dive into manipulating C# code from within an unlocked NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.3:11 Creating a New NinjaScript Strategy13:52 Analyz...

You will find reference samples online as well as some tips and tricks for both indicators and strategies:

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a growing library of custom indicators (100+) and strategies that can be downloaded from our ecosystem. https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/ The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

The following link is to our help guide with an alphabetical reference list to all supported methods, properties, and objects that are used in NinjaScript.

Finally here is some critical information about running the strategy: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...strategies.htm

Comment

I tried to find the way to open an order on MNQ set a condition on the NQ but I didn't find it. the only information that I found is how to open a order on the same instrument of the chart like market or limit orders. Please could you send me the exact link where I can read how to do it.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello AChammas,

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps I have misunderstood. You wrote, "I would like to have a authomatic strategy open orders by NQ conditions but open in MNQ." I was responding based on the use of Ninjascript or strategy builder created strategy for automatic trading and that information I have already provided.

Can you provide further clarifications of what you mean by automatic strategy?

Comment

My previous question was correct. I have a strategy built on the strategy builder and attached to work analyzing the conditions on NQ chart but I would like to have an order open on MNQ on the time the strategy goes true. I didn't find how open an order on MNQ with a strategy attached to the NQ chart. The only actions that I found on the strategy builder is to open an order on the same instrument of the chart where the strategy is attached, ink this case NQ chart.

Thank you

Comment

Hello AChammas,

Thanks for your reply and clarifications.

In order to send the order to MNQ you actually have to apply the strategy to MNQ as the strategy builder can only send orders to the "primary" instrument.

In the strategy builder you would want to "add" the NQ 12-19" in the "Additional data" window. Then in your sets you would need to create all of your conditions but this time you would have to change the data series to be the "added data series (the NQ). I've created a short video that should help to understand what needs to be done: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...OV8xMTU3MzU3Ng

Comment

Hi Paul, thank you.

I saw the video and it is very clear and easy but I am using a plugin called NinzaRenko to build the renko box in the chart and I don't have the NinzaRenko as an option to choose. Please let me know if there is any other way to do it.

Thank you.

Alex

Comment

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that would be a limitation.

You could create the strategy as I suggested using a standard bar in the Strategy builder, then unlock the strategy and change the adddataSeries() statement to bring in your NinjzaRenko bars. Or create the strategy entirely in Ninjascript.

Another option is to hire a 3rd party programmer and we can provide reference link for those.

Comment

Hi Paul, I asked because I know that other platforms has this feature because when you want to trade on micro contract but you need to have your decision based on the mini contract if you trade clicking with the mouse you loose some ticks on your entry, the strategy running on chart every time will be quickly than us humans clicking the mouse button. Unfortunately, when we use renko or tick chart the behavior of mini contract is different of the micro contract(volume, number of candles on tick charts). As my strategy uses the NinzaRenko charts I would like to use it on the strategy builder.

Regards,

Alexandre

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                        Hello Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that would be a limitation.

You could create the strategy as I suggested using a standard bar in the Strategy builder, then unlock the strategy and change the adddataSeries() statement to bring in your NinjzaRenko bars. Or create the strategy entirely in Ninjascript.

Another option is to hire a 3rd party programmer and we can provide reference link for those.

Than you, I wrote the last reply without read your last one. It is too advanced for me to change it by code but I will try. thank you.

By the way, this platform that has the cross link for instruments where you can analyze one but when click on buy or sell the platform do the order on the other instrument preset by you is the ProfitChart from Nelogica but it works on Brazil only. Add this idea on the next update it will be good to have it.

Regards,

Alexandre

Comment

#Alexandre
                          "
                          this platform that has the cross link for instruments where you can analyze one but when click on buy or sell the platform do the order on the other instrument preset by you is the ProfitChart from Nelogica but it works on Brazil only. Add this idea on the next update it will be good to have it."

In Ninja you can put your NQ in your chart and select MNQ in your DOM. Analyse your chart and enter on your DOM.
                          I know it isn't what you set out enquiring about/for i.e. automatically port your strategy conditions met to a different instrument for entry without human delay etc. But if you end up having to compromise and hadn't thought of it - seems to give you more or less what you're referring to with ProfitChart, just not 'hard-linked' Don't know if Chart Trader can select a different instrument to the chart's, 'cos I don't use it, although wouldn't think so - maybe?

Anyhoo, just a thought

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thanks for your reply to the OP.

If manual trading, another option is to create a chart with both NQ and MNQ and you can set the chart trader to the MNQ. (or either instrument).

Comment

#Paul_H - good thinking Batman. And make MNQ transparent if you don't want to see both

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by itrader46, Today, 09:04 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post itrader46  
                              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes