X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
    Hello brucerobinson,

Thanks for your reply to the OP.

If manual trading, another option is to create a chart with both NQ and MNQ and you can set the chart trader to the MNQ. (or either instrument).
    Hi Paul, for manual trading (scalping) is really difficult work with the method you wrote because is really hard to put an order through the orderflow chart, do you have any advice on how i can create an order in the mini chart but for the micro contract?

Comment

Hello ClFil,

Thanks for your post.

I've created a short video which shows you the process to create the condition of a chart that shows the ES 06-20 mini and sends orders through the chart trader to the MES 06-20 micro.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi PaulH,

Thanks for your helpful video. I work with tick charts so this method won't work as it messes up the spacing between bars since I can't match the bars' open/close of both instruments (even if I try to get as close as possible) and it becomes an issue when trying to trace trend lines or channels. Any suggestion to work around this issue?

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Comment

Hello PatrickM,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Tick charts with two different instruments can be difficult and may not be acceptable for the reason you stated however can you clarify what your goal is (is it the same as visualize on one and send trades to the hidden one?)

Can you provide a screenshot of what you have tried so that I can see what you are looking at and working with.

Comment

Thanks PaulH for your reply.

That's correct, I would like to visualize and make the chart analysis on one instrument and send trades to the hidden one using chart trader as placing the trades on the SuperDOM is not ideal with my trading style. I was hoping that maybe there was a way to insert both instruments on one chart and just have the chosen instrument bars be displayed without having the hidden instrument affecting the plotted chart or even better, be able to add instruments on the chart trader regardless of the instruments plotted on the chart.

Thanks in advance for the help and/or suggestions.
            Last edited by PatrickM; 04-09-2020, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Hello PatrickM,

Thanks for your reply.

Please create the chart with the 2 tick based data series and hide the second data series as shown in the video. Once the chart displays, please right mouse click on the chart and select "Properties". In the chart properties window, please uncheck the selection "Equidistant bar spacing". This may or may not provide a better view for you.

If that does not meet your needs, I have no other alternatives to suggest.

Comment

Hi PaulH,

Thanks for trying. No, I thought of your suggestion before you sent it and it doesn't work BUT the way to make it work is to have the hidden instrument set @ 1440 minutes value so spacing is consistent. Problem solved.

Cheers.

Comment

NinjaTrader_PaulH,
                  In an unrelated topic, I'm trying to download the NT8 version of the Percentile Rank from the following ecosystem link:
                  This is a conversion of the NT7 indicator Percentile. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments.

The problem I'm having is the download won't complete. Do you have a link that functions as designed or can you direct me to
                  the indicator elsewhere?

I thank you in guidance for any help you can provide. JM

Comment

Hello johnnymustard ,

Thanks for your post.
                    • I am having no difficulty downloading from the link you provided. We'll need more information to find out why you're unable to download from our Ecosystem site. Please answer all of the following questions:
                      • What version of Windows are you using?
                      • What web browser are you using?
                      • Does this symptom persist if your clear your browser's cache?
                      • What about if you use a different web browser?
                      • What about after you turn off your PC, turn off your modem/router for at least 30 seconds, then restart your PC?

Comment

Hello PatrickM,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure I understand your solution, as i thought you were working with Tick bars?

Can you elaborate further and provide a screenshot of your settings/chart?

Comment

Hi PaulH,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, my main chart is with ticks bars but by having the invisible chart with the other instrument on the background set at 1440 minutes allows the spacing of the ticks bars chart (the visible one that I use to make my analysis) to remain consistent so trendlines, channels and others drawings on the visible chart are accurate again.

Hope this makes more sense.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello PatrickM,

Thanks for your reply.

Appreciate the update to your creative solution.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                          Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes