Replay Feature Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay Feature Request

When using replay it would be helpful if NT would skip over long dead periods (i.e. session breaks). Currently it just spins thru that time based on the multiplier, which is really painful. NT could be a lot smarter by looking to see if next tick time distance is greater than N and skip ahead.

Another really useful item would be the addition of a skip ahead by bar function. If you skip ahead to next bar, just play out ticks at max speed until new bar formed, then drop back to configured multiplier.

Please consider these two features.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I just want to clarify why your second point occurs. In order to ensure that indicators and strategies are calculated accurately, the data is replayed at max speed from the beginning of the current day. This ensures that all calculations are done on accurate tick-by-tick information. This is much more accurate than 'jumping' to a specific time and relying on historical data which would potentially be less accurate.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Yes, I never said to jump past any data, just dead times (there is no data in the dead time) and when jumping to next bar, you play any all data out until end of bar at max speed. Sorry if that was not clear.

Comment

Yes I understood what you were reporting. These are two separate feature requests that have been submitted and I'll follow up when I have tracking numbers for you.

EDIT:

The internal tracking number for your feature request are:
        • SFT-564 - Tie Playback start/end time each day to a Trading Hours template
        • SFT-2895 - Revert to NT7 Playback controller slider logic: just load historical before selected time, don't replay up to
        When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-08-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin