Ninjatrader 8 hotkeys problem with Shift modifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8 hotkeys problem with Shift modifier

I'm trying to set sell at bid as Lshift +B but it gives me an error "a hot key cannot contain only the 'Shift' modifier, please specify another modifier". However, it is working fine if I use ctrl or alt. However I want to use shift in this situation since i'm used to this keys binding. HELP.

We're aware of this hot key modifier issue at the moment. The Development Team is working on a solution. The internal tracking number is QA-4682, I'll follow up when there is more information.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

After further research, it turns out that using SHIFT a a modifier is a limitation of WPF which is a fundamental UI framework that NinjaTrader 8 is built on. For example SHIFT + O. Control + Shift + O would work however. There are some caveats and certain keys work with SHIFT (SHIFT+END seems to work for example). You can learn more about this WPF limitation here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ey-combination

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4291. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-11-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post r68cervera  
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post geddyisodin