Lock chart scroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock chart scroll

Is there a way to lock a chart so it can not scroll away from current price where the little arrow will not appear showing current price is not on chart? Or at least if it does scroll away from current price a big red flashing arrow appears to warn you that current price is not displayed?

Hello FiftyFib FX,

Thanks for posting.

It's not currently possible to lock a chart in this manner. If the current price isn't being displayed, the color of the price marker will change from black to gray. It's possible to customize the color for inactive price markers by right-clicking the chart and changing the color setting for 'Inactive price markers'. Setting this to a different color, such as bright red, may help to identify when the price you're looking at isn't the current one.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tyler View Post
      Hello FiftyFib FX,

Thanks for posting.

It's not currently possible to lock a chart in this manner. If the current price isn't being displayed, the color of the price marker will change from black to gray. It's possible to customize the color for inactive price markers by right-clicking the chart and changing the color setting for 'Inactive price markers'. Setting this to a different color, such as bright red, may help to identify when the price you're looking at isn't the current one.

My chart price marker does not change color, it stays same color(is there a setting I need to adjust?), a small arrow appears in the top right of the chart whenever scrolled that is obscured or covered if you have a stop at the same or near the level of the arrow marker that indicates chart is scrolled. Also the price marker is static when chart is scrolled and only becomes dynamic if the current bar is forming and auto scrolls with every new bar formed. It's a real pain in the you know what if you touch a drawing or move a stop and accidentally scroll a chart by just one bar. I'm surprised at the fact that something as important as current price disappears when chart is scrolled. It should be dynamically showing at all times whether the chart is scrolled or not. Has no one pointed this out before?

Comment

Hello FiftyFib FX,

Thanks for your reply.

Please send a screenshot of what you're seeing when you scroll the chart to the left, as well as your log and trace files, to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2291999 ATTN: Tyler

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Hello FiftyFib FX,

Thanks for your reply.

Please send a screenshot of what you're seeing when you scroll the chart to the left, as well as your log and trace files, to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2291999 ATTN: Tyler

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
          • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

I sent what you requested and hope this platform issue is addressed quickly and corrected. Knowing where current price is trading at all times is critical whether or not a chart is scrolled. Thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	GC 12-19 (60 Minute)chart is scrolled right.png
Views:	652
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1072746
          Attached Files

Comment

Have looked at this before...in the first screen shot the price line and dynamic price marker are shown as magenta....
            and the last current bar has not moved into the right margin....

In the 2nd screen shot the current last price has moved into the right margin and the dynamic price line and inactive price marker auto change to blue....
            It seems this would be possible to do this as a custom price line indicator......

Would it be possible to also make the blue price marker dynamic when the price remains in the right margin ??

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

The following free indicator from our User app Share website will generate a price marker for the last traded price which remains on the chart when the current bar isn't on screen:

This is a simple tool that places a marker on your chart for where the current price is, allowing you to scroll through historical data on a chart while seeing what the current price is.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

The following free indicator from our User app Share website will generate a price marker for the last traded price which remains on the chart when the current bar isn't on screen:

This is a simple tool that places a marker on your chart for where the current price is, allowing you to scroll through historical data on a chart while seeing what the current price is.

That'll work for me, Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                1 response
                0 likes