.19 version errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.19 version errors

I did not run this for long, as it does not work for me (lots of errors re drawing objects I saw, and chart freezes). However, in an attempt to provide some debugging info, I will share some of the errors I just found in the logs from the time, in case they may help

Lots of this, which does not occur with the other versions.

2019-09-24 08:21:45:485|3|4|Master instrument 'DECL': unable to deserialize user data: Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.
    Parameter name: ticks
    2019-09-24 08:21:45:486|3|4|Master instrument 'ADV': unable to deserialize user data: Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.
    2019-09-24 08:21:45:487|3|4|Master instrument 'UVOL': unable to deserialize user data: Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.
    2019-09-24 08:21:45:491|3|4|Master instrument 'TICKQ': unable to deserialize user data: Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.
    2019-09-24 08:21:45:491|3|4|Master instrument 'DVOL': unable to deserialize user data: Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.
    2019-09-24 08:21:45:492|3|4|Master instrument 'NDNV': unable to deserialize user data: Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.
    2019-09-24 08:21:45:495|3|4|Master instrument 'UK100': unable to deserialize user data: Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.
    2019-09-24 08:21:45:496|3|4|Master instrument 'EURUSD': unable to deserialize user data: Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.

the above seemed to occur every time .19 was run.

The other issue seemed to be errors trying to display drawing objects there were made in the past, and the chart no longer showed that timescale - At least, in debug mode, it would error out in NT's own drawing object code. (perhaps there should be an option to remove drawing objects past a certain age?)

I also note these (not sure if that is related to the .19 performance change for d2d), but likely related to my charts freezing, I guess

2019-09-23 21:01:11:655|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990001], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_STATE/WrongState], Message: The object was not in the correct state to process the method. '
    2019-09-23 21:01:11:655|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990001], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_STATE/WrongState], Message: The object was not in the correct state to process the method. '

Anyway - I've back on 18 and is running OK (bar the lagging in volatility), so these errors are shared in case they might help nt resolve any issues. (the errors do not occur in .18).

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

The D2D errors are typically due to a chart rendering issue. Was there any way to recreate this symptom? Also, there was a change to NinjaScript which may be affecting add-ons you have on your charts. Did these D2D errors occur with no custom scripts loaded?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

The D2D errors are typically due to a chart rendering issue. Was there any way to recreate this symptom? Also, there was a change to NinjaScript which may be affecting add-ons you have on your charts. Did these D2D errors occur with no custom scripts loaded?
      Hi,

Connected to continuum at the time.

The charts would freeze on that version very quickly for me (few minutes), so I abandoned it after maybe a couple of hours and went back to .18 so I could work. I saw the message re the changes, but this error did not seem relevant. After all, it was supposed to log an error and the indicator not work (from what I could see of the release notes), not lock the whole platform and freeze with completely blank chart after having worked for a short period, which is what I was getting.

I did not try .19 with a blank chart, nothing else. I just went back to .18 (after having to restore the database due to the changes), which works without the errors mentioned.

Comment

For info, I just checked the code on the 2 indicators I know I extensively use OnRender in, and it looks like I don;t get into the habbit of re-using the directx brushes, i.e., as far as I can see looking over them quickly, any sharpdx brushes are created and disposed of within OnRender, but I will look some more, just in case...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes