Avoid FXCM and IB disconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid FXCM and IB disconnect

The FXCM connection is disconnected each weekend and I need to connect again mannualy and enable my strategy again. I would like to keep the strategy running permanently without manual intervention. How can I make this happen?

Same thing for IB that disconnects each 24 hours as IB then shuts down. How do I automatically keep the live IB connection?

Hello PaulZ,

Typically there is maintenance on the weekend with most brokerage servers on Friday night and / or Saturday.

Most brokerages will have the maintenance completed Sunday after 2PM Eastern. You will need to restart NinjaTrader if NinjaTrader is open during this time.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any documented or undocumented ways of having a strategy automatically start when manually re-connected or enabling a strategy programmatically.

I am happy to submit a feature request for the NinjaTrader Development to consider this for a future version of NinjaTrader if you would like.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I would like the feature to automatically connect to a broker after maintenance for a future release.

Comment

Hello PaulZ,

Your request to have connections auto-connect when a provider initiates a disconnection and to automatically enable NinjaScript Strategies is being tracked with ID #SFT-2395.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

Thank you for your feedback. Please let us know of any other suggestions you have for the NinjaTrader Platform.

Comment

+1... Add a vote.
          For such great software the lack of recovery from maintenance is it's only defect.

Comment

Reconnnect

using gateway there is the Sunday reconnect issue usually seen on my platform on Monday 00:34 EST which then required the IB security card prompt to reconnect.... needs a fix

Comment

Hello everington_f,

You would need to contact Interactive Brokers about this.

NinjaTrader does not have the ability to prevent IB Gateway or TWS from disconnecting and relies on those external applications API to push data to NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader also does not have the ability to by-pass or enter the security card codes. (You can choose to disable these if you would like)

Comment

Would like to add my vote to this please.

Comment

fiddich,

Thanks! Vote added!
                  Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've been using IBC for years. Prevents TWS from disconnecting. You only need to login once and it keeps the connection active for the rest of the week.

Automation of Interactive Brokers TWS. You can download the latest release here: https://github.com/ibcalpha/ibc/releases/latest - IbcAlpha/IBC

Comment

Just a note that IBC is now foiled by recent changes in TWS. However, TWS at least added an auto restart feature of their own, but this will not operate exactly how IBC does. See https://github.com/IbcAlpha/IBC/issues/38 for more info.

Comment

+1 I want to vote for ''enable NinjaScript Strategies is being tracked with ID #SFT-2395.''

I am having the same problem. I have a couple of strategies which hold longer then a couple of days. I am using FXCM and during maintenance I can not hold the connection.
                        Does anyone has a work around on this problem?
                        When I re submit the open order with immediately submit then the Stop loss and take profit are rejected during the weekend.
                        I have send a feature request to solve this rejection. (tracking ID# SFT-4389 for this request for synchronization orders to only be submitted after hours have begun.)
                        When you have the same problem please vote for this request
                        Last edited by MichaelAlexander; 11-26-2019, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I've added your vote, MichaelAlexander

Comment

I was able to fix this, I can keep strategies my running indefinitely now.

Comment

Originally posted by radicaltrader View Post
                              I was able to fix this, I can keep strategies my running indefinitely now.
                              Could you tell me How you did this? I have to restart all me systems/strategies every weekend.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post chbruno