stop orders magnetize to my mouse on charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop orders magnetize to my mouse on charts

thanks to your software i just lost money - thus has happened many times now - as i move my mouse around the charts your stop orders magnetize to my mouse poiter and then suddenly i'm dragging around a moving order not even knowing what it is - I press the mouse button to get rid of it and suddenly my order is executed at a price I never wanted - so unbelievably crap!!

and no it's not my high end mouse - because this happens nowhere else, only on NT charts.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    • Phone: 312.423.2234
    • Email: orders[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
    I would not expect the mouse to 'pick up' an order unless you click on the order tag. Can you reproduce this symptom while the Sim101 account is selected? If so, could you be as specific as possible about what you're doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Irukandji View Post
      thanks to your software i just lost money - thus has happened many times now - as i move my mouse around the charts your stop orders magnetize to my mouse poiter and then suddenly i'm dragging around a moving order not even knowing what it is - I press the mouse button to get rid of it and suddenly my order is executed at a price I never wanted - so unbelievably crap!!

and no it's not my high end mouse - because this happens nowhere else, only on NT charts.
      See this thread and put a vote in to have them add this change for future release. I have had a similar problem to yours more than once mainly because the operation for chart drawings and moving stops and limits are different from each other. I've been actively demoing the platform over month now and I can't accustomed to consistently using two different operations. Also if you click a drawing too close to a stop marker or marker line, the marker sometimes gets picked up and moved before you realize it. It's a problem for sure

Is there a way to set chart trader actions from current default to move a stop loss or take profit when selected. Finding it troublesome since drawings require

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick