Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Link - Link All button

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what the "Link All" Rainbow button actually is used for? Please see my attached screen shot showing 3 monitors with 11 different charts, with each chart having different Instrument Link colors. The goal was to click one of the screens (lets say the far right red screen) and have the Super DOM switch to the red symbol. Makes sense right? Rather than having 11 tabs open in the DOM, the user could just have the "Link All" selected within the Super DOM and whatever chart you click on, it would bring up said charts info......am I wrong here?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You are on the right track here. The "Link All" option means if you change the instrument in a chart with any linked color, the SuperDOM would change as well. This obviously has limitations as you need to actually change the instrument in the chart for it to change, and just selecting the chart will not achieve the same result (https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_windows.htm)

I see that you have a Market Analyzer in your workspace; have you considered linking that to your SuperDOM? By doing this, when you click on an instrument in the Market Analyzer the DOM will update automatically and it may be a bit more streamlined process to meet your needs.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Melissa,

Yes, I already have the Market Analyzer (Pink) linked to the Larger chart on the left, next to the DOM. (the Super DOM is the rainbow "link all")
      Any chance "just selecting the chart" to update the DOM is in development?

Also, another glitch I'm running into is I have a second "Workspaces" template (For stocks) and it seems that if I use any color to link open screens, it pulls the data from a different"workspace" template.

Example: "workspace 1 - has all 11 colors linked to Super DOM", I load "workspace 2" - which has a Market Analyzer, a chart, and a SuperDom, I want to link those three together so I click a color (Let's say Red), but since the color Red is linked to "workspace 1 - ZB 12-19 data", when I'm in 'workspace 2" and I click the red link button, it pulls the ZB 12-19 into the chart.
      It's a completely different workspace so why are they linked together?

Are we limited to only 11 linked colors?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I have submitted just selecting the chart to update the DOM as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

As for your second inquiry, I am not experiencing this behavior on my platform. I have two workspaces, and linked windows within both with the same color. When I change the instrument in workspace 1, workspace 2 is not affected even though the window linking colors are the same.

Which version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? The most recent release is 8.0.19.0.

Am I missing any steps to replicate this behavior?

Thanks in advance for your patience.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I'm running 8.0.19.0 64-bit.

I took a video to prove what I'm saying is for real, your site doesn't allow MP4 uploads however. I can email via gmail if you like?

Comment

Originally posted by anexx View Post
            Also, another glitch I'm running into is I have a second "Workspaces" template (For stocks) and it seems that if I use any color to link open screens, it pulls the data from a different"workspace" template

Control Center / Tools / Options / General

Uncheck "Global link button across workspaces"

As another alternative, you might take a quick look at this Auto Tab Changer ..

Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.

-=Edge=-
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello Melissa,

"I have submitted just selecting the chart to update the DOM as a feature request to the Development Team"
              Please add my vote.
              Thanks
              Kind regards,

Comment

Hello Edge,
                Thank you for the "Global Link across workspaces" fix, that has resolved my issue!

I did take a look at your alternative link but I would prefer support add this option to the platform; just don't want to spend more after paying $1600 for the NT8 software.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                166 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post sidlercom80  
                Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes