How many contracts in 1000$ account MES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many contracts in 1000$ account MES

hello guys I am pretty new at all this, I've been in simulation for over a year and want to start collecting the money to star a live account. My question is how many contracts can i buy on the MES with 1000$ account. The default NT8 Brokerage states 50 but it wont let me trade more than just 1 contract. Can someone help me to clarify that? THANK YOU

Hello astridg15,

Thank you for your note.

You can find maximum position size per futures instrument for our NinjaTrader brokerage at the publicly available link below.
    https://ninjatrader.com/PDF/ninjatra...ct_details.pdf

If you are running into a limit with the simulation account, you may need to reset the account or edit the parameters of the account. You can do this via the Accounts tab in the Control Center > Right click on Sim101 > Edit Account. To reset, simply select Reset at the bottom right.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

hello I did try what you suggested and I dont know if I made something wrong but I got it worse since now does not allow me to trade not even 1 contract. LOL... also when it comes to a 50 intraday margin how does that affect trading lets say 10 contracts since each of them are 5$ that will be 50 per trade. that is what I dont get sorry about being this annoying and lost, but thank you
      Last edited by astridg15; 10-02-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Hello astridg15,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread, ticket number '2294497' and a message 'ATTN Sergey'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
        Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes