Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert rearm issue

Hi,
    In NT8, I created an ellipse, RMC'd to "Alerts," and set an alert to trigger if price crossed inside the ellipse. The alert worked. Now I want to make it trigger a few more times to test my settings and validate the alert is doing what I want.
    The rearm properties of my alert were originally set to "Never," so I changed it to rearm every 1 second. Still, wherever I move the ellipse, on any timeframe chart, it refuses to trigger, even if I drag it really close to price and wait for price to cross into the ellipse.
    Is this expected behavior? Am I doing something wrong? What do you advise to stop being stuck in this frustrating exercise for something that should never have been an issue whatsoever to begin with?
    Thank you,
    biegea

Hello biegea,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? You can find this under Help > About. Please include the entire version number (ex. 8.0.X.X).

I've tested this on the latest version and found that mine did rearm as I dragged it around. When you changed it over to rearm every second, did you re-enable the alert? Please ensure you've got the "Enabled" checkbox checked.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kate, you nailed it! "Enabled" was not checked. I'll have to remember to keep my eye on that one moving forward. Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB