NT8 Volume Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Volume Profile

1) Is it possible to get NT8 Vol Profile indicator to display a histogram (on left start of session) on each of the last five days?
    2) Is it possible to get all five days to display in one large histogram and display it on the right margin of the current day?
    3) Is it possible to do both 1 & 2 above on one chart?
    Thank you,
    Peter

Hello PeterDavid,

Thanks for the post.

You would have to customize the Volume Profile script to display multiple different histograms based on separate days of data. Currently, If you have Tick Replay enabled, it creates a histogram of all the days loaded onto the chart. Since the Volume Profile renders to the screen via a special rendering technique, it is not possible to move the plot unless you modify the script.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT8 Volume Profile

Ok thanks.

In the volume profile indicator settings the "Look Back" parameter is set at either 256 or infinite, I seem unable to change to a different number is this correct?

Comment

Hello PeterDavid,

Thanks for the reply.

That is correct, you can either choose from a 256 lookback period or infinite(as much as possible).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

NT 8 volume profile

And one must enable "tick replay" in order to have the histogram profile be resident and repopulate when you reload historical data.
          Well it seems when I close down Ninja, and then reopen Ninja, "loading tick replay" seems never to actually load on any of the charts the volume profile is configured on.
          Its forever loading ...for hours. forever spinning.
          I cant exit any of the loading charts, Ninja Platform, the associated work space, and no connection is ever established.
          Am I missing something, or is NT 8 Volume Profile?

Comment

Hello PeterDavid,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Please first right-click the chart and select "Reload all historical data".

If you must have a data connection established for your historical chart data to load. In the log tab of your Control Center, do you see a message along the lines of "Lost connection to the historical data server"?

If you create a new chart with no template applied, enable Tick Replay, and load on the volume profile chart, are you able to load up?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

NT8 Volume Profile

I can get the volume profile to display, however it only displays justified to the left on chart , start of current day, and only uses the data set from the current day.

Whats the point of having a volume profile configuration parameter of "256 or infinite" data look back if it can only render the current day histogram?

Can you confirm that I can get a volume profile composed of the last five trading days using tick replay data configuration?

Comment

Hi Peter,
                Try this indicator here on Ninjatrader forum..

or this more versatile on futures.io.
                The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Comment

Thanks Superdrive. I searched IO few times before but found nothing.

Comment

Hello PeterDavid,

Thanks for the reply.

I used a Print statement in the volume profile script to demonstrate that the histogram is built from the historical data when tick replay is on, please see the screen shot. You can also prove this by turning tick replay off and there will be no histogram initially, then the histogram will build up, that is because it starts accumulating data at the time you apply it to your chart.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes