Ninja Trader 8 couldnt retreive Options Chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader 8 couldnt retreive Options Chain

Hi , Ninja Trader 8 couldnt retreive Options Chain while Option Trading is enabled in IB Brokerage account It says IB was unablemto locate Instrument. Please verify your symbol mapping.

Hello Vivekniwas,

Thank you for your post.

Currently the Options Chain is not supported with an Interactive Brokers connection and requires a specific connection type for users utilizing NinjaTrader Continuum connection and have enabled ‘Web API’ (Beta).

If you would like to use the Options Chain in NinjaTrader you'll need to have that Continuum account connected.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How can I "
      NinjaTrader Continuum connection and have enabled ‘Web API’ (Beta)." and connect to IB for trading Options. Will it cost me another license ?

Comment

Hello Vivekniwas,

Thank you for your reply.

It is not possible to trade options through Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader. If you would like to trade options using Interactive Brokers you'll need to do so through their interface (TWS).

The only account or broker that is supported for the Options chain in NinjaTrader 8.0.19.0 is NinjaTrader Continuum using a specific Web API connection type. You are not currently able to trade options with any other account, broker, or connection type in NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. More information on the Options Chain can be seen at the link below:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/8_0_19_0.htm

Comment

sad. Hope IB connectivity is coming soon...

Comment

Hello Vivekniwas and Pjsmith,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team and added 2 votes to it. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4264. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Thank you again for the suggestion.

Comment

"The only account or broker that is supported for the Options chain in NinjaTrader 8.0.19.0 is NinjaTrader Continuum using a specific Web API connection type."

I have Continuum. WHat does "using a specific Web API connection type" mean and entail?
              Last edited by mattcrown; 12-23-2019, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Hello mattcrown,

Thank you for your post.

This means you'll need to have the brokerage ensure that you're enabled for the WEBAPI option in your account, then change that setting in your connection configuration once you're enabled by checking the box for WebAPI. I've included a screenshot below of the setting.

Additionally with the release of NinjaTrader 8.0.20.0, the Options connectivity has been increased to support Interactive Brokers (in beta), IQ Feed, and Kinetick as well as NinjaTrader Continuum.

Please feel free to reply if you need any additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Javierw.ok  
                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes