Draw.ArrowDown()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw.ArrowDown()

Is there a way to change the size of the arrow for Draw.ArrowDown() & Draw.ArrowUp()? Thanks

Hello EthanHunt,

Thanks for your post.

No, the Draw markers such as ArrowUp, TriangleDown, etc, are all fixed in size.

There are a couple of alternatives:

1) Use a Plot instead where you can select the "Plot style" to a limited selection of Triangle left, right, up down, dot, cross, and square. You can set the plot width which will change the size of these in addition to individually coloring them using PlotBrushes.

2) Use Draw.Text() and a symbol font such as webdings. The font size in this case would directly control the size of the symbol. This also allows you a greater access to symbols to use.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Seeing this, it prompted me to comment re: similar User experience & perhaps something to look at/improve.

I mark up charts manually using Drawing Tools and wanted to use arrows. Encountered same limitation as #OP. - fixed size - one size does not fir all ;-(

So I use Arrow Line (Ctrl+F2). Its style can be set/saved as Default. One step forward.

I use them as Global Drawing Objects such that an Arrow Line drawn on a 1m chart appears on its corresponding 5m chart. The arrow 'scales' appropriately i.e. if horizontal occupies the same time distance on each chart. Two steps forward.

But the Arrowhead of the Arrow Line doesn't scale (per the ArrowUp, AroowDown per the #OP topic which is why I'm using Arrow Line as a workaround). Half a step back.

So, if I draw an Arrow Line covering (say) 20m in horizontal distance on a 1min chart and have it as a Global Drawing Object, obviously my chart zoom/scale is going to be different i.e. 'zoomed out' on my 60m chart. The line will correctly scale to cover 20m on my 60m chart (physically shorter) but the arrowhead remains fixed in pixels. Hence it has a stubby tail and great big head.

Not the biggest of deals, but perhaps something to look at, as AFAIK there isn't currently a good solution due to the 'fixed' issue. Or would be pleased to know about if there is.

Kind regards,.

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

The OP was asking relative to a script for drawing markers and you are from the perspective of using the existing drawing tools. I've provided the OP a couple of alternatives as he is coding his own script, that he can use today, to achieve his goals.

In both cases, an alternative always exists is to have a 3rd party programmer create the drawing tools that provide what you specifically need. If you need a reference to those programmer resources, we can provide links for them.

In the meantime, I will create a feature request to increase (or add the ability to set) the marker size (and will add a vote for OP as well).

I will update this thread when I have further information on the feature request.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
          Hello EthanHunt,

Thanks for your post.

No, the Draw markers such as ArrowUp, TriangleDown, etc, are all fixed in size.

There are a couple of alternatives:

1) Use a Plot instead where you can select the "Plot style" to a limited selection of Triangle left, right, up down, dot, cross, and square. You can set the plot width which will change the size of these in addition to individually coloring them using PlotBrushes.

2) Use Draw.Text() and a symbol font such as webdings. The font size in this case would directly control the size of the symbol. This also allows you a greater access to symbols to use.
          Thanks for providing alternatives.

Comment

Add my vote to being able to change the size of all the chart makers

I f i am not mistaken this has been requested several times in the past

James 108

Comment

Hello PaulH,

Yes, I'd understood.

I will create a feature request to increase (or add the ability to set) the marker size (and will add a vote for OP as well).
              Thank you

Kind regards,

Comment

Hello James108,

Thanks for your interest in this topic, vote will be added.

Comment

Hello all,

Just to update this thread.

Your votes have been added to the existing feature request of SFT-2174, "Ability to adjust the size of drawing objects such as arrows, dots, triangles, etc. (including plot execution markers)".

Thanks for your interest in this subject.

Comment

Hello All,

Just to update, I've created a new set of drawtools called ChartMarkerPlus that will provide for sizable chart markers. These do not replace the existing markers but add on 7 markers that you can adjust the size as you see fit. I will be uploading to the downloads section but want to post it here as well. Please note that there are no ninjascript access points so these markers are for manual drawing, at this time.

Caution: While you can make these quite large, the selection area (to move or adjust) remains the same size as the originals so you would need to be in the center of the object to select the circle, square or Diamond, and near the tip of the up or down arrow or top of the triangle.

Here is a link to a short video on how they work: https://paul-ninjatrader.tinytake.co...N18xMTY5MDMxMA

Here is a screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChartMarkersPlusV1a.PNG
Views:	749
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1074386

Here is the zipped file that you can download and install:
                    [ATTACH]n1074387[/ATTACH]

This does not change the existing feature request which is still valid but hopefully is a solution to aid you in your trading documentation efforts.

Comment

Hello All,

Just to advise, have updated the ChartMarkerPlus to now include Ninjascript access through the following methods:

DrawPlus.Dotp()
                      DrawPlus.Diamondp()
                      DrawPlus.TriangleUpp()
                      DrawPlus.TriangleDownp()
                      DrawPlus.ArrowUpp()
                      DrawPlus.ArrowDownp()
                      DrawOlus.Squarep()

The Ninjascript intelliprompt will provide the method overload and parameters.

I've added the parameter "drawobjectSize" and the brush "OutlineBrush".

Templates are supported although they would need to made from the ChartMarkerPlus objects.

Here is a link to the NT user apps for ChartMarkerPlus in the NinjaTrader8 misc section: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...rtmarkersplus/

This does not change the status of the Feature Request identified as SFT-2174, "Ability to adjust the size of drawing objects such as arrows, dots, triangles, etc. (including plot execution markers)".

Comment

Hello All,

Just to advise, have updated the ChartMarkerPlus to now include Ninjascript access through the following methods:

DrawPlus.Dotp()
                        DrawPlus.Diamondp()
                        DrawPlus.TriangleUpp()
                        DrawPlus.TriangleDownp()
                        DrawPlus.ArrowUpp()
                        DrawPlus.ArrowDownp()
                        DrawOlus.Squarep()

The Ninjascript intelliprompt will provide the method overload and parameters.

I've added the parameter "drawobjectSize" and the brush "OutlineBrush".

Templates are supported although they would need to made from the ChartMarkerPlus objects.

Here is a link to the NT user apps for ChartMarkerPlus in the NinjaTrader8 misc section: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...rtmarkersplus/

This does not change the status of the Feature Request identified as SFT-2174, "Ability to adjust the size of drawing objects such as arrows, dots, triangles, etc. (including plot execution markers)".
                        Hello Paul,

thank you for great "new" markers, but it seems that the Ninjascript intelliprompt doesn´t work...! I use NT 8.0.22.2.

Thank you for any help.
                        emuns

Comment

I´m sorry, my mistake. I forgot to install the updated version. Problem solved.

Thanks again,
                          emuns

Comment

Hello Paul,
                            I was looking to use the ChartMarkersPlus to plot some dots above and below bars. I was having trouble figuring out the arguments in the settings to have it plot on the chart. Is there a way to get an example to print a Dotp on a chart?
                            Thank you for your time.
                            James

Comment

Hi Paul,

Can I use your ChartMarkerPlus also in an Indicator? can I call them via the Draw() function?

Thx,
                              Stefan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              5 responses