Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message

Hello,

I'm trying to place a live order with Oanda and I keep getting this error message - please refer to attached screen grab.
    Attached Files

CRITICAL — When your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's (in this case, Oanda's) Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

Here is Oanda's contact page:

The forums are for technical support only. We cannot assist you with managing live positions/orders via the forum.

I do not have any information about this particular error message. Error messages on live orders are sent directly from your broker. Please contact Oanda and let me know what Oanda reports regarding this message.

However, it seems to have to do with 'Time in Force'. I see that currently your 'TIF' selector is set to 'GTC' (Good unTil Cancelled). As a test, please try submitting an order with a 'TIF' of 'DAY'. Make sure to place this order far from the current ask and bid so that it does not fill and you may immediately cancel it. For example, a buy stop market well above the current ask/bid price.

Is this error accepted without issue? Or do you receive the same/a different error?

Comment

Ji Patrick,

I had a sell stop in place, which it took, but flagged the error message when it hit. I tried a market and got the error message as shown.

I'll get in touch with Oanda.

Thanks.

Comment

I called Oanda and spoke with tech support. She said there is no one live that I can speak to and I have to email tech support to [email protected]

I've sent an email along.

Oanda appears to want to make it as unpleasant as possible if you choose NT.

Comment

The reply from Oanda:. They did respond quickly.

Hi Terence,

The NT instance will not support GTC TIF. You will have to use GTD, up to 100 days. This is a limitation of the legacy fxtrade system, where limit orders have a max 3 month expiry on them. This will change when the v20 version comes out later this year.

You can set the expiry to 100 days max, when using GTD.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Comment

Segwin, thanks for providing the info from Oanda.

So I may document this on our end, could you please send in your log and trace files?

Send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread and '1903829 ATTN Patrick G'. To attach your files manually to this email, follow the steps below:
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the email.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              Segwin, thanks for providing the info from Oanda.

So I may document this on our end, could you please send in your log and trace files?

Send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread and '1903829 ATTN Patrick G'. To attach your files manually to this email, follow the steps below:
              • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
              • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the email.
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Sent as requested Patrick.

Comment

Today I tried their suggestion of using TIF GTD and got another error message.

Using GTD with a sell stop market doesn't work either. The only way to place an order using TIF is with the day option.

Attached are my 3 screen grabs.
                Attached Files

Comment

You provided the known limitations of Oanda orders and TIF in your earlier post. To reiterate and summarize:
                  • Oanda orders with NinjaTrader (FIX API) does not currently support TIF=GTC
                  • Oanda orders with NinjaTrader (FIX API) does not currently support TIF=GTD with a date >100 days from now

I see that your order was submitted with a TIF=GTD set to <100 days from now, so this would be unexpected based on what we know from Oanda.

I see that you've sent you files to me via email. I'll be analyzing those and following up via email shortly.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

I tried a stop order with TIF-DAY and an ATM. It took the sell stop but rejected the ATM (which left me without a stop and limit). I manually placed a buy stop and limit after I saw this. It was on GBPNZD. It now appears that none of the TIF options will work with an ATM.

I've been in email communication with NT tech support as well as cc Oanda tech support. I asked NT tech support to share this issue with you as well.

Thanks.

Comment

Segwin, I've followed up with you via email regarding the TIF=DAY order.

Your ATM wasn't 'rejected'. From the information I could see in your log files, your TIF=DAY
                      order (which happened to have an attached ATM strategy) we're referring to appears to have been cancelled manually and not cancelled due to the trading session ending or any other reason.

More details have been provided in the email I sent to you. Please respond to that email.

Comment

Got it Patrick. The ball is in Oanda's court.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                        95 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post xiinteractive  
                        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post xiinteractive