Oanda orders not showing up in NT chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oanda orders not showing up in NT chart

I have successfully connected with my Oanda account and made my first entry using NT but then remotely entered a couple more positions using the Oanda IOS app. The NT platform only shows the NT entry and does not show the FXTrade app entries. Why doesn't the NT connection reflect the Oanda account?

CRITICAL — When your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's (in this case, Oanda's) Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

Here is Oanda's contact page:

The forums are for technical support only. We cannot assist you with managing live positions/orders via the forum.

I am not certain why orders placed/positions held via another platform/device would not show up in NinjaTrader when connected to the same Oanda account.

Were you connected to Oanda within NinjaTrader when you placed the orders/the orders filled from your iOS app? Or was NinjaTrader disconnected at the time?

Do you see any orders marked as 'external' in the Orders/Executions tab of the Control Center?

Comment

I received a notice from Oanda not more than 15 minutes after posting this. Here is the response which I find very disappointing.

We noticed your account is trading on both NT and FxTrade.

Please be aware that your OANDA platforms will have to be disabled if using NT.

The only reason for this is cross trade issues between API connections. As NT is connected via FIX, there can arise communication issues between the accounts.

Please let us know when you are flat in your OANDA account.

Option: We can set up a secondary primary account that would be separate from the NT account if you'd like, please let us know.

Kind regards,
      OANDA

Comment

I don't know the technical issues underlying this issue but I guarantee that you will have many frustrated users wondering why the connectivity between the NT platform and Oanda accounts is so brittle and easily broken.

So as it stands NT cannot see my Oanda account entries and I have to choose between making entries between NT exclusively or Oanda's FXTrade software exclusively. *scratching my head*

Comment

Originally posted by ShruggedAtlas View Post
          I don't know the technical issues underlying this issue but I guarantee that you will have many frustrated users wondering why the connectivity between the NT platform and Oanda accounts is so brittle and easily broken.

So as it stands NT cannot see my Oanda account entries and I have to choose between making entries between NT exclusively or Oanda's FXTrade software exclusively. *scratching my head*
          Unfortunately this is a limitation of the technology behind the scenes at Oanda. There is nothing NinjaTrader can do to change this. We will work with Oanda to make sure that clients are configured accurately and notified.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes