Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying alerts to specific instruments

Hello,

The Configuring Alerts chapter in the Help Guide says: "If you are using a window which has multiple instruments, such as a Market Analyzer, or a Chart with multiple data series, the default behavior will be monitor "All" instruments contained in that window tab."

I have a chart with two data series, GBPUSD and GBPCAD 60 Minute. For example I want a simple alert when a close price of just closed bar is greater than high price of previous bar, and I want this alert to be applied to both data series, but I don't see "Apply to" property in the general Alerts properties.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Botan626; 10-03-2019, 05:53 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Testing on my end I am seeing the Apply to option via chart alerts. This may be an issue with the version in use. What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About 8.0.?.?

I look forward to your reply.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Testing on my end I am seeing the Apply to option via chart alerts. This may be an issue with the version in use. What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About 8.0.?.?

I look forward to your reply.
      Hello,

Attaching a screenshot with the version number.

Comment

Hello Botan626,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for the confusion. The "Apply to" Alerts feature is only available in the Market Analyzer.
        To achieve the desired results you would like, you will need to define which instrument you are referring to in the alert. See image below.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
        Attached Files
        Jermaine S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This means that Help Guide is a little bit confusing taking into account the common screenshot provided up there.

So if I want to apply the same set of conditions to multiply instruments, there is no way of duplicating these conditions?

Btw, in this section: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tionProperties

The Message property was replaced with Text property.

Comment

The help guide is confusing as it mentions charting in that multiple instrument section. I am having that reviewed and it will likely be clarified further. Thanks for pointing that out.

To confirm, this is no way to 'apply to' from a chart alert. You would need to create individual alerts for each instrument on the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              To confirm, this is no way to 'apply to' from a chart alert. You would need to create individual alerts for each instrument on the chart.
              Any chance this could be implemented as a feature in the next NT8 builds?

I could add multiple data series in one chart tab and then apply same alert conditions to all of them.

Comment

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1988. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-11-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your help and concern, Patrick.

Comment

Sad NT8 can't apply same set of alert conditions to different instruments and intervals.

But is it possible to make a script which will do such thing? The only task it will have is to produce alerts, while monitoring simultaneously different instruments and intervals, including range ones, and applying to each combination of instrument and interval same 2 sets of conditions based on some indicators.

Comment

Hello Botan626,

Thanks for your reply and question.

Yes, you can create an indicator (or strategy) that you can load all of the various data series of interest and you can code it to monitor for condition(s) where when true the action would be to issue an Alert to the Alerts log and/or play a sound and/or send an e-mail.

If you would like this created for you, we can provide references to a 3rd party provider of that service.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                        Hello Botan626,

Thanks for your reply and question.

Yes, you can create an indicator (or strategy) that you can load all of the various data series of interest and you can code it to monitor for condition(s) where when true the action would be to issue an Alert to the Alerts log and/or play a sound and/or send an e-mail.

If you would like this created for you, we can provide references to a 3rd party provider of that service.

Hello, Paul.

Yes, please do.

Comment

Hello Botan626,

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post kempotrader  
                          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post kempotrader