Oanda Chart Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oanda Chart Problems

Attached are three charts: MotiveWave Daily of GBPCHF, NT Daily of GBPCHF and NT 60 Minute of GBCHF.

The MotiveWave and NT 60 Minute show correctly and the NT Daily does not. I've been unearthing glitches in not only the charting but order taking and trade management as well.

Perhaps a notice should be given to people not to use NT and Oanda until all the bugs are fixed.
    Attached Files

Could you go into more detail about what exactly your screenshots indicate? I notice that the last traded price seems to differ between the daily and minute chart. Is that what you're reporting as the issue?

When I connect to Oanda, I experience no difference between daily and minute based charts. Below I have recorded a short video with three data series:
    • GBPCHF 60m
    • GBPCHF 1 Day
    • GBPCHF 1440 minute

All of these update in sync with each other:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I cannot comment on MotiveWave as that is a separate platform, so I'd like to focus on the steps I'll need to take to recreate what you're reporting within NinjaTrader.

The Support and Development Teams are highly motivated to ensure that NinjaTrader is working as expected for everyone. If you have not reported the other issues you mention that you've discovered, please send us an email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with detailed information about those issues. If you have reported these issues via the forum or via email, could you provide a link/ticket number?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Please see this post:

The problem is at the close of the New York secession, 5PM EST, Ninja Trader doesn't start to print a new bar for the start of the new session (most of the time). I have noticed that if you leave NT running before and after the NY close it will start to print a new daily bar but if you shut NT down and say open it at 5:20PM EST the new bar will disappear and you will be back to the prior daily bar. This happens on the daily time frame.

If you look at my pictures again you will notice that NT is stuck on the 5/16/2018 daily bar but MotiveWave is printing a 5/17/2018 daily bar. If you look at the 60 minute NT chart you will see how the price has moved up a lot (which is not reflected in the NT daily bar but is reflected in the MotiveWave daily chart).

I hope this makes sense Patrick.

Comment

This issue will be fixed in the R14 next release, within a few weeks.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
        0 responses