Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order executions at completely wrong price

Good morning,

several times in the last few weeks, while in simulation mode, I experienced the execution of resting orders while the actual price was at a completely different level.

I have a lifetime license for NinjaTrader 8.0.19.0 64-bit.

I use DTN IQFeed client version 6.1.0.20.

I attach an example of the issue.

I look forward to your kind response.

Best regards
    Attached Files

Can you reproduce this symptom at will? Or did it seem to only happen to those sim orders?

If you observe the ask/bid price in Chart Trader, does it match within a tick or two of the last traded price marker? Here is the comparison I'd like you to make:

Comment

Hello Patrick,

I didn't recognize any particular pattern when the problem occurs. It happened several time, everytime with target limit orders far away from the actual price.

Regarding the ask/bid price, at the moment is coherent with the chart price. I can't say for the moment the problem occured as I didn't notice it.

Comment

If this happens again, make sure to check the ask/bid/last price are all copacetic.

If data agrees but fills still occur at erroneous prices, I would recommend resetting the Sim101 account as there may be some type of corruption. Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
        • Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
        • Press the "Reset" button

Comment

I resetted the sim account as you suggested but the issue occured again soon after.

As a test, at 20:47 (CET+1) I bought a NQ contract and I entered 3 limit take profits and 3 limit buy orders as per the images attached.

At 22:02 (CET+1) the 3 limit buy orders have been executed at a price about 120 ticks away from the actual price and even much lower than the 3 limit prices I entered (this excludes a sudden and huge drop of the bid price: either in the unlikely case it had happened, the executions would have been accounted at the higer limit price I entered, not at the 7.705,50 we see in the executions tab).

It's difficult to stare for hours at Ask/Bid price to catch the exact moment, as the issue seems to be random, so I can't say if the price exposed was correct, but I also checked the IQ Feed T&S and obviously at the time the issue occured there hasn't been any 120 ticks sudden drop in bid price.
          Attached Files

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
            • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
            • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
            • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2299618 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post zstheorist  
            Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rehmans