Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MT4 to Ninja trade copier

Hi Guys,

I am new to NinjaTrader 8 and veteran MT4 trader...
    I am interested in transitioning to trading real futures on the CME not as CFTs anymore, where I can see real volume and ececute trades on a real exchange floor...
    But my EA that I trade with is MT4 based and I look for a way to transfer trade signals from MT4 to Ninja 8.
    Does anyone know a meaningfull way of doing this that is not a kludge of some kind?
    Or is there a way to hook up MT4 to a Ninja 8 quote feed...
    Or convert my MQL4 code into Ninja 8 script or something?

Thanks

bgboym3 Hi, have you found any solution since then?
    I'm also looking for an MT4 - NT8 bridge, but not yet found.

Comment

Hello Borsz,

Thank you for your reply.

While we in the support department would not be able to recommend a specific addon, I will leave this thread open in case any of our users have recommendations for you.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

MTAPI is the best way to copy trade from Ninjatrader 8 to Metatrader 4 or 5!

GLBridge is now called MTAPI.pro with a new website. https://mtapi.pro/

You can see the full live demo here on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMYwNLEkTwo​​

Comment

Just my opinion but metatrader 4 stopped development in 2016 to let it slowly rot away. The best option here since that platform might disappear one day with a dwindling user base would be to convert what you need to ninjatrader 8. There are no conversion tools out there as it has to be all re-written, but if it does work for you (makes you money?) Then it would be important enough to do it right and get it coded for nt8...just my two cents.
          xabcdtrading
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

It depends, xabcdtrading. I agree that MT4 is way obsolete, but it is still offered as the "standard" platform by a large number of brokers, and there is a large library of Expert Advisors for it. In reality, any new installations of MT4 are usually MT5, which has been around for more than a decade too, and is a "more modern" incarnation of MT4. As it also is a preferred platform for many brokers, it is unlikely to disappear anytime soon.

By comparison, NinjaTrader is shrinking the pool of brokers that NinjaTrader 8 can connect to. Whilst I also agree with you on the relative merits of NinjaTrader 8 over either MTx, from a purely platform-to-broker perspective, both MT4 and MT5 offer vastly more brokers to choose from than NinjaTrader, and so bridging through to those platforms can offer NinjaTrader users an additional opportunity for trading that would otherwise be unavailable on NinjaTrader.

A bridge to the MTx platforms actually makes NinjaTrader more attractive too, in some ways, as it increases the flexibility of use and can attract traders who want a more capable platform and the brokers offered by NinjaTrader, but who also want to continue to use brokers that they have been confined to use MTx on previously.

Now, if NinjaTrader management were able to see how much business sense there is in expanding the pool of brokers they support, rather than continuing to reduce the business in the direction of a single-broker platform, they would end up with substantially more customers, IMHO.

Thanks.
            Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
            jeronymite
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
              It depends, xabcdtrading.Now, if NinjaTrader management were able to see how much business sense there is in expanding the pool of brokers they support, rather than continuing to reduce the business in the direction of a single-broker platform, they would end up with substantially more customers, IMHO.
              I've voiced a similar opinion too. It seems like they want to refocus on the primary business with 8.1 which is futures and from my own perspective (not sure if this is right) they are not as much interested in user counts, but instead the amount of transactions being done - which makes sense considering now they are giving the platform (with all the features) for free, as long as you use them as a broker.

I got the impression from these conversations that they are open to this in the future (which I think would be obvious if they are charging $99 to use a different broker per month) but it seems (only my guess) they wanted to regroup with the whole rebrand and tradeovate integration / mobile app etc.. but yes, i would like to see the number of brokers expand.

xabcdtrading
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
              12 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DrakeiJosh  
              Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
              3 responses