• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello Splex,

Thanks for your post.

We cannot convert that indicator because the source code was not provided, the indicator is compiled and its code is obfuscated to prevent accessing/changing/reading.

If you wish to pursue this for NinjaTrader8, you might try checking with the indicator author to see if they can provide an NT8 version. Alternately, you could enlist a 3rd party programmer to provide the indicator for your specific needs. If this is of interest, we can provide a link to 3rd party programming.

Leave a comment:

• Splex
    replied
    I stumbled accross this indicator on NT7. Wondering if it was ever converted to NT8? This looks like exactly what I need.
    There're couple of indicators that allow to plot spreads. However, all of them have severe limitations as to number of legs and mathematical complexity of expressions one can input. As none of them really suit my needs I decided to develop a new indicator from scratch that would overcome these shortcomings. The indicator I've developed …

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello Gianni78bari,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not aware of another version coded but there may be. You are welcome to search the available public/free indicators in the ecosystem here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/ Note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

You may also want to look for paid versions as well.

If you would like the indicator created for you an alternative is to hire a 3rd party programmer and we can provide links to such providers.

Leave a comment:

• Gianni78bari
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
    Hello Gianni78bari,

Thanks for your post.

I noticed in the video that the video provider added a link for you to download what they were displaying, if that is what you want.
    Unfortunately the link doesn't work anymore

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello Gianni78bari,

Thanks for your post.

I noticed in the video that the video provider added a link for you to download what they were displaying, if that is what you want.

Leave a comment:

• Gianni78bari
    replied
    It could be possible modify "Net change indicator" in NT8 in order to plot a line starting at zero at the beginning of the trading session? This would be useful also applied to the indicator "Compare" in this thread.
    Something like that in this video
    A simple percentage changed indicator for Ninjatrader 8. Quick demo showing how to setup it up and use it (how I use it). You can download it for free, here ...

Maybe it has already been coded??
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Gianni78bari
    replied
    It works.
    I missed a "return" in the code
    Thank you again

Leave a comment:

• Gianni78bari
    replied
    Hello Gianni78bari,

Thanks for your reply.

I've attached a screenshot of the code and the chart output for your review. I'll also add a link to the indicator I used so you can download, install and test on your end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gianni78bari-1.PNG
Views:	1321
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1072634

[ATTACH]n1072635[/ATTACH]
    Perfect.
    I'll let you know.
    Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello Gianni78bari,

Thanks for your reply.

I've attached a screenshot of the code and the chart output for your review. I'll also add a link to the indicator I used so you can download, install and test on your end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gianni78bari-1.PNG
Views:	1321
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1072634

[ATTACH]n1072635[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• Gianni78bari
    replied
    Hello Gianni78bari,

Thanks for your reply.

I replicated the code you posted and do not see an issue.

Can you provide further information about the chart/instrument that you are applying the indicator to?

What data feed are you connecting to?
    I'm using NinjaTrader Continuum demo. I'm applying the indicator to ES12-19 and the additional data series for comparing is ZN12-19 which is enabled for real time quotes.
    that's the code in my editor: AddDataSeries("ZN 12-19", Data.BarsPeriodType.Minute, 1, Data.MarketDataType.Last);

Thank you for your kind reply

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello Gianni78bari,

Thanks for your reply.

I replicated the code you posted and do not see an issue.

Can you provide further information about the chart/instrument that you are applying the indicator to?

What data feed are you connecting to?

Leave a comment:

• Gianni78bari
    replied
    Hello Gianni78bari,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Your example is correct: Values[0][0]= Closes[0][0] / Closes[1][0]; and I will correct mine in post #4.

If you do not see an output, please check the "log" tab of the control center for any error messages related to the indicator.
    Thanks for your answer.
    That's the message I read in the log tab:
    "Indicator 'MyCustomIndicator1': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar -1: You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since it is out-of-range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart"

As I said, for now I can't program, so I would know if there's an easy way to fix it, 'cause it could be useful for other traders too.
    Last edited by Gianni78bari; 09-30-2019, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello Gianni78bari,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Your example is correct: Values[0][0]= Closes[0][0] / Closes[1][0]; and I will correct mine in post #4.

If you do not see an output, please check the "log" tab of the control center for any error messages related to the indicator.

Leave a comment:

• Gianni78bari
    replied
    Hello 2sureshk,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry for the error in the example, please try Values[0] = Closes[0][0] / Closes[1][0]; // divide the current bar value of the chart bars by the added data series.
    Premise: I'm not a programmer.
    I tried with the code above and it gives an error (I translate from italian): "Impossible convert type double in NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Series<double>"
    So I tried and modified the script this way: "Values[0][0]= Closes[0][0] / Closes[1][0];"
    Now it gives no syntactic error but when I add the indicator to a chart it doesn't plot anything.
    How can I fix this problem? (please find attached the nt8 editor screenshot)
    Thank you very much
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello 2sureshk,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry for the error in the example, please try Values[0][0] = Closes[0][0] / Closes[1][0]; // divide the current bar value of the chart bars by the added data series.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 09-30-2019, 08:26 AM. Reason: Corrected example to add the current bar index to Values[0]

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post Jon17
by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
0 responses