Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDAmeritrade Futures

Hi there,

I'm aware that you all have not had futures support in NT up to this point because they were reserving their support for futures for TOS. However, they now have a new API and they're allowing you to get futures data and place futures trades: https://developer.tdameritrade.com

So I wanted to bring it up again....could a future version of NT8 expand your support of TD to include futures?

Thanks in advance!

Hello bunchjesse,

Thank you for your feedback and additional information. I can certainly forward a note to our development team so interest in this is tracked for future feature consideration.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The ID for this request is SFT-152. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes (Help> Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello bunchjesse,

Thank you for your feedback and additional information. I can certainly forward a note to our development team so interest in this is tracked for future feature consideration.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

How/where do I go to +1 this request?

Do I need to send a note NT Support and reference SFT-152?

I think a lot of people would be interested to help raise the priority of this request if they knew about it.

Comment

+1 for SFT-152

I was digging around TDA's new API myself and it looks like the integration won't look too bad since they have wrapped the old API into the new API.

Comment

Hello hurleydood and vapr03,
            Thank you for your posts, I will make sure both of your votes and notes are tracked.

Votes and feedback may be commented here or emailed direly to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com.

Thank you you for your use of NinjaTrader!

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Here's another 1+ vote for TD-Ameritrade support of futures. It looks like only futures data at this time, if I read the TDA API info correctly, but they are working on adding futures trading soon. I would like to see both NT7 and NT8.

P L E A S E ! ! ! !

John

Comment

+1

Has anyone figured out a way to send futures AND forex orders from NT8 to TD ameritrade?? If it’s possible, pls let me know. I’d be more than happy to pay.

NT8 support: I’m pretty sure this has been a feature for years that users have asked. And your response has always been, “pls let TD know so that they can allow the access for nt8 to support futures/forex.” I don’t think the votes simply on this thread do the justice to the amount of demand for this feature. This is a huge business opportunity for you all. Can you pls provide an estimate time?
                Last edited by staycool3_a; 06-23-2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Just looked into this all this week. The word from both TDA and NT is that futures and forex are not available through TDA, only equities. I think its a matter of time.

Comment

Hello calhawk01, pel11,

Thank you for your posts, at this time there has been not change to this item. I will make sure both of your votes and notes are tracked as well.

Comment

over one year later

Comment

I talked to TD Ameritrade API team a few weeks ago. They said they "TRY" to add the futures trading to their API within a year or so. As much as TDA's overall customer support is great, their API team is non-responsive and cold. By the way, not only futures trading is not supported, the API does not offer historical data on futures either (it does offer real time quotes though).

Apart from IB, which other broker has a good API for futures data and trading? (No in-house API language like that of Trade Station)
                        Last edited by stna2019; 11-04-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

+1 for SFT-152, when TD A gets their futures data feed going.

Comment

stna2019 NinjaTrader is also a brokerage which supports futures trading in the NinjaTrader platform. You can learn more about supported brokers here:zacharydw00 , I've added your vote to SFT-152.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Originally posted by stna2019 View Post
                              I talked to TD Ameritrade API team a few weeks ago. They said they "TRY" to add the futures trading to their API within a year or so. As much as TDA's overall customer support is great, their API team is non-responsive and cold.
                              You can tell where they changed directions.

it was all open circa 2008, forums, apps,actually promoting.

Then the apps started getting bought out by tda, others fell by the way side, forums shut down, etc.

was more of a way to get an outside mobile app developed, then buy it out and take it in house.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aa731
                              by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes