Hide All indicators or hide all panels one click button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide All indicators or hide all panels one click button

Is there a way to hide all the indicators on chart? or even hide just the panels with one click button. also is there a way to customize chart panel at the top with custom buttons to take actions like hide panels etc or fav drawing tools? thanks

Hello 3d2t.trading,

Thank you for your post.

To hide indicators on your chart, you can uncheck the visible checkbox in the indicators window for the indicators you'd like to hide.

There is no way in the platform natively to add custom but it may be possible to do this with a third party addon.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

as a platform, i would expect that Ninjatrader looks at the UX of quite a lot of things in NT8. Having to go into indicator setting, then through each indicator bu selecting it on left panel and then scrolling and finding the click/select option to show or hide, then apply to the chart is the worse UX one could imagine. Why cant i right click the indicator to Hide, or have a button to hide all indicators or show them all? or is there a add one that would do these thing?

Comment

Hello 3d2t.trading,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

While we don't have this feature implemented as of yet, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

I am not aware of a specific Third Party item that would allow you to customize those aspects of the interface, however perhaps another forum could direct you to one.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

after much search it seems like this UX has been highlighted by NT users since 2016 and before but nothing has been done about this? why? its probably a simple option to add on RIGHT CLICK pull down or as an add one? kind of annoyance that using tools such as TradingView.com charts is light years away from NT and having some basic common sense UX in here is a major issue.

Comment

Hello [email protected],

Thank you for your feedback.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created, I am waiting for this tracking number from the development team.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello [email protected] ,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1533. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Thank you again for your patience.

Comment

I, too, am looking for something similar to what was asked for initially. I came across this tool in the ninjatrader ecosystem. Perhaps it can be of help. I hope to alter the code to suit my needs.

Updated: March 12th, 2017 This is an indicator that adds a toolbar to the main menu area of each chart window. It will add 4 buttons to every tab in the window to perform the following functions: A button to toggle on / off all drawing items in the currently selected tab by switching "visible […]

Updated: March 12th, 2017 This is an indicator that adds a toolbar to the main menu area of each chart window. It will add 4 buttons to every tab in the window to perform the following functions: A button to toggle on / off all drawing items in the currently selected tab by switching "visible […]

Comment

I use that tool, it works awesome. And you can zoom in with the mouse wheel too.

Comment

If people are going to pitch their products maybe they could be a little up front about it instead of back dooring traffic into their sites.

Neither person mentioned this tool cost about $2000 and it would be helpful to be able to focus and delete and indicator.

Comment

please add my vote to SFT-1533.
                      TradingView has a feature like this that is part of the chart and any indicator that is added has an eyeball symbol next to its legend to easily show/hide that indicator.

Comment

Hello xiinteractive,

Thank you very much for your post.

I've added a vote on your behalf to this feature request.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything else we may assist you with!
                        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                        11 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post xiinteractive  
                        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes