Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide Text At Top Of Chart

Hello staff,

Is there an option to hide all the text at the top of my chart which lists all the indicators I have and the settings?

Hello GLFX005,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

To remove all the text found in the top left corner of a chart window, please remove the labels from your indicators:
    • Right click in your chart window and select Indicators...
    • Select one of your configured indicators in the bottom left hand section by left clicking once
    • In the parameters to the right, please delete any text found in the Label field
    • Once you have done this for all of your indicators, click OK

If I may assist further please let me know.
    Jonathan W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jonathan,
      Could I ask you to create a Feature Request to not display (rather than remove the contents of the label field).

Removing the contents of the label field indeed stops it displaying at the top of the screen, but there are downsides.
      Doing so means that it changes what is displayed in the 'Configured' list in the Indicators dialogue.
      I use more than one Current Day OHL attached to different data series in the same chart. Hence I 'custom name' them in the Label between " " e.g. "DayOHL". This names it DayOHL in the configured list, but I cannot stop it displaying in the chart per the OP.
      If I clear the label field, I have no way of distinguishing between "DayOHL", "ETHOHL" etc in the configured list - leaving the field blank defaults to Indicator Name and Data Series

Personally I have no idea why anyone wants them in the chart, & not by default with no good way of preventing, but one man's killer feature is another's bloatware as they say! :-)

Kind regards,

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello all,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3620. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

I changed the chart properties Text color to transparent

Comment

just a comment so that the last post which may help some doesn't dilute the desirability of the feature request - Transparent is a workaround but has limitations - you also lose other text from your chart which you may wish to have (from axes for example) so doesn't work for me.
              The same Transparent text solution has been proposed on here for the Ninjatrader Copyright text about which there is much chatter regarding its annoyance. But it is a workaround which brings about its own problems, rather than a fix.

Comment

I support the suggestion from brucerobinson for a Feature Request. It's no solution to manually delete the labels of every indicator as they are useful and many times have information about the settings of the indicator. A simple option on Properties of the Chart or something it's a lot better solution for hide ALL the Labels at once.
                Best,

Comment

robx1 , I've added your vote to SFT-3620. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

I don't understand the notation SFT-3620. I am interested in this feature but have never seen an "SFT" listing in the release notes. Is there an easy way to search for a particular SFT? I just see Issue #'s which are 5 digits. It seems a very inefficient way to see if "your" issue has been fixed. Unless I'm missing something....

Comment

SFT numbers are internal tracking numbers for features. When a feature is implemented, it will receive a different number, however, the general description of the feature will remain similar in the release notes. Another easy way to tell whether or not a feature has been implemented is to simply test or check the behavior in the latest version of the software.

I can confirm that SFT-3620 has not yet been implemented.

Comment

Please add my vote to this request. Need to maybe select which part of the parameter list is included in that text. or place it in another place or maybe choose to have just the strategy identifier displayed there without the list of parameters.

Thanks. Your last response was March 2021 and I still see this text so it must not have been made removable or there is a switch to turn it off that I don't know about.

Comment

JGRtrader , please review post #2 as those steps remove the text from chart panel. if that isn't satisfactory for whatever reason (detailed by brucerobinson in post #3 and #7) as to why that may have undesirable side effects, I can add your vote to the feature request.

Comment

PatrickG, Thank you for your reply,, The solutions previously suggested don't accomplish what I would like, which is to free up the space at the top but not change the content of the sources.

I am developing a long script and have many temporary parameters in including bools that I use to turn on debug print statements. In the attached image, you see I put text at the bottom of the screen and I would also like to put text at the top. But, the long string of parameters overwrites anything I put there.

So, since the list of parameters is of no real value to me during development, I would like to turn it off or maybe restrict it to the program name and Input, so that the rest of the top would be available for what I want to display. Maybe some way that users can control the length of that string or simply not show it at all. However I do like to have the file name on each chart.

Thank you, for considering such a change. Of course, this is not a show stopper one way or the other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-07-23_9-30-30.png
Views:	1337
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	1164853

Comment

Hi JGRtrader, thanks for posting.

The script can override DisplayName property and set it to a custom label, or a blank string (will remove label from "Configured" property grid as well).

Kind regards,
                              -ChrisL
                              Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM