• Show
Clear All

Thank you Chris L
    That works. I added this statement just before OnBarUpdate:

public override string DisplayName
    {
    get { return "MyTradingStrategy | "; }
    }

When running, appends the details of the four indicators that I add in the script with AddChartIndicator(), That is fine, and is what I wanted on the chart anyway.

Comment

Please add my vote to the feature request.
      There are 3 ways to do this that I can see:
      1. each indicator or other item that would print text to this area could have its own checkbox to hide or show in this area. This would allow the trader to be selective about what hides or what shows
      2. the chart could have a toggle that would show or hide the text. The toggle could be in the toolbar.
      3. the chart properties could have a checkbox to hide or show. Users would open the Properties view to check or uncheck the box.
      Please note that option 1 can be implemented with option 2 or option 3 and whatever was in #2/3 (chart level) should override the indicator level choice from option 1.
      Last edited by xiinteractive; 06-26-2023, 05:54 AM. Reason: better explanation o last line

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
        Hi JGRtrader, thanks for posting.

The script can override DisplayName property and set it to a custom label, or a blank string (will remove label from "Configured" property grid as well).

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL
        You can check for State.SetDefaults in OnDisplayName and make it such that it displays the name in the "Configured" property grid, yet does not display it on the chart.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          JGRtrader , please review post #2 as those steps remove the text from chart panel. if that isn't satisfactory for whatever reason (detailed by brucerobinson in post #3 and #7) as to why that may have undesirable side effects, I can add your vote to the feature request.
          the "workarounds" like deleting the text label or changing its color to transparent are just that workarounds and hacks. Changing a label property does not just effect one thing, it effects many things. One that did not get mentioned yet is the Data Box which I happen to use a lot. With the Data Box displayed, I can hover or any element of any chart I have open and the selection is immediately reflected in the Data Box. If a label is deleted then it will not appear in the databox any more. Who would want that?

I really dont understand the value of the text mess at the top of the charts. It should be hidden by default anyway. The only value it has to me is the status info like "Loading" or "calculating" so that I am aware that the chart cant render yet and that it is not frozen/not responding. Other than that, I have no use for the way this info is implemented in Ninjatrader charts.

Comment

Hello xiinteractive,

Thank you for your request and feedback.

I've added a vote to the feature request SFT-3620 on your behalf.
            Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote for this suggestion. It seems like it should be simple to implement and should have been done a long time ago. Thanks

Comment

Hello emtrader1,

Thank you for your response.

I have added your vote to this request as well.
                Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:07 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post ZenCortexHurry  
                Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:04 PM
                0 responses