Auto Scale on overlayed indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Scale on overlayed indicator

I am using OrderFlowCumulativeDelta indicator with Bar Period overlayed in Panel 2 with a Stochastic indicator. I have unchecked Auto Scale box but it still auto scales as seen in the attached screenshot. How can I fix this?

Please clarify - you disabled auto scale on Order Flow Cumulative Delta? On Stochastics? Or both?

Can you elaborate on what you'd like to see instead of what we observe in your screenshot? In other words, is the large red Cumulative Delta bar an issue? Or is the downward movement of the stochastic the issue?

Comment

Auto scale is disabled on Order Flow Cumulative Delta - not on Stochastics. I would like the the large red delta bar to go off the scale so that the rest of the delta bars are not so small.

Comment

I don't think there is a way to smoothly accomplish this without a fixed scale. Your goal is to effectively have the Order Flow Cumulative Delta be a zero line and only allow a max amount of vertical range to be shown so you need a fixed scale for the Cumulative Delta:
        • Cumulative Delta to Scale justification = right
        • Stochastics to Scale justification = Overlay
        • Ctrl+Left click and drag on the vertical scale until the Cumulative delta is in the center
        • left click and drag until you've compressed/decompressed the scale as you desire
        Here is a video example:

Here is a link with more information on chart panel navigation

Comment

That was very helpful. Thank you very much.

Comment

One other associated issue. If I create a new chart and follow your instructions I get the same results as you. However on an existing chart the Stochastics indicator which is overlayed is off the scale as seen in the attached image. Checking and unchecking Auto Scale made no difference. If I try to drag the Stochastics line up it just creates a left justification which I don't want.

Comment

Unless you have a simpler solution, I found out that I can correct the problem by reloading a saved chart template with the newly created and adjusted panel 2 indicators.

Comment

Dear Team,

I am trying to add Donchian Channel to Order Flow Cumulative Delta chart as an overlay. I have set up configurations for these indicators as follows

Order Flow Cumulative Delta

Auto scale = True (Tried with False as well)
                Scale Justification = Right

Donchian Channel

Auto scale = False
                Scale Justification = Overlay (Tried using Left as well)
                Input Series = Order Flow Cumulative Delta (Delta Close)

However, I can't find Donchian Channel staying in place and correctly rendering around Order Flow Cumulative Delta chart.

Can you help in confirming there are any known limitations with such combination?

If yes then can this behavior be resolved?

Thanks
                Vaibhav
                Attached Files

Comment

vaibhavkamble, when you say 'around', are you referring to the indicator's plot lines appearing 'on top' of the data instead of 'underneath'? If so, objects within a panel can be adjusted to appear behind or in front of another chart object. The specific layer on which an object sits is referred to as the "z-order."

To adjust the z-order of an object:
                  1. Select the chart object by left mouse clicking on it
                  2. Hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard and roll the mouse scroll wheel up or down to change the z-order of the object. As you scroll, the object's z-order will be displayed near your mouse cursor.
                  Here is a link with more information about Z-order:If I've misunderstood, please clarify further what you're trying to accomplish.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for responding to my query. By 'around' I meant Donchian channel indicator lines are not plotted aligning with highs and lows of given number of bars (input parameter of Donchian), this indicator works correctly when plotted on Price charts but misbehaved when plotted on Order Flow Cumulative Delta indicator.

Thank you,
                    Vaibhav

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Not every indicator allows for any input series. The Donchian Channel indicator is one of these indicators that cannot use an input series other than the data series. With that said, we've made a few custom indicators for cases such as this. I've attached the custom Donchian Channel indicator that will allow you to change the input series to an indicator.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8 —

To Import:
                      1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                      2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
                      3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                      4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
                      Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
                      • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome Patrick, thanks a lot for sharing this, I will test this indicator and let you know in case I need further help. Have a good one!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Irukandji  
                        Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post fitspressoburnfat