Net Change Column Bar Graph - Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net Change Column Bar Graph - Market Analyzer

Does anyone know what values i would need to put in for my net change column in order for my bar graph to look like this?

Hello andrewtrades,
    • In the Market Analyzer right-click and select Columns -> select Net change -> click add
    • On the right set the Set up -> Type to Bar graph
    • Set the Bar graph growth type to Left to right
    • Set the Max. bar graph display value to a reasonable largest number for the instruments in the list. (If the highest value is .03 set this to .1, if the highest value is 3 set this to 10, etc)
    • Click OK
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...stomizeColumns
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you go into a little bit more detail for the reference values. My bar graph for futures products always seems to come up like this.

Comment

Hello andrewtrades,

The Reference Value is used to determine a point where the bar graph should start plotting different colors. In the example attached, this value to 0, so any negative value will plot red while any positive value will be green. Setting a reference value higher than the values displayed will result in the Color for values < reference value being used and may make the graph less meaningful.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        Attached Files
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Jim thanks for that response. How would i configure it for percent so it appears something like what you have there. Maybe something like a 5% price move would cover 3/4 of the row type thing.

Thanks
          Andrew

Comment

Hello andrewtrades,

There appears to be an issue when using Percent for Bar Graphs where the bar graph is not properly scaled to the column width. The issue has been marked with the ticket ID NTEIGHT-14127. The number for the ID can be found in the Release Notes Page of the Help Guide once a change has been made in a new release. (Note that we cannot give an estimation on Release Schedules.)

Since 1 would equal 100%, I would expect that using a value of .0667 would allow for 5% to reflect 3/4's of the column. Through testing, this is not giving the expected result. I would suggest using the set up noted in post 4 for the time being.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

If there is any other information that develops here, I will be sure to update my post.

I look forward to assisting.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay thanks a lot. Yah i was struggling to figure this out. Appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post yertle
              by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes