• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jim
    replied
    Hello Convert,

Thanks for your post.

The following publicly available resource can be used for symbol lookup for TD Ameritrade. I have searched for "SP Advance Decline to lookup these symbols.

Save time choosing investments with Schwab's award-winning investment research tools. Access screeners, top picks, expert commentary, detailed quotes, and more.

The symbol map can then be entered for the instrument when looking up the instrument from the Control Center's Tools > Instruments window, and then adding the specific symbol mapping under TD Ameritrade after you edit the instrument definitions.

If you are still having issues, please reach out to us at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. We can then schedule a time to get connected with you, or you could provide us your user name and password so we can test the mapping on our end. When writing in, please include the text "Attn Jim 2306443" and a link to this thread.

We look forward to assisting.

Leave a comment:

• Convert
    replied
    Hello, sorry for the late reply.

I tried both and they didn't work. The TDA servers did not auto-add the "$" by the way.

I'm agreeable to a screen-share

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChrisL
    replied
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

Please first try pulling up the chart as " ^ADSPD2 "

If that does not work, try removing the '$' symbol from your TDA mapping in the instrument settings. Its possible TDA servers will add this for you. We do not have a TDA account available to test or else I would do this myself. We can do a screen share if necessary.

Best regards.

Leave a comment:

• Convert
    replied
    Screenshot of instrument settings
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Convert
    replied
    It displays the following error whenever I try load a chart with that symbol

Could not get snapshot data for symbol: $ADSPD Error Message: The Security Symbol is invalid

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChrisL
    replied
    Hello Convert, thanks for your reply.

Do you see any errors in the log tab of the Control Center? Could you post a screenshot of your instrument setup if there are no errors concerning this in the log tab?

Leave a comment:

• Convert
    replied
    I am indeed. I only mapped one data provider (TD Ameritrade) and set it to $ADSPD, which is exactly what I would enter in thinkorswim/TD Ameritrade to pull up that symbol on a chart

I am also on a 1 minute chart

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Convert,

Are you certain the symbol mapping for TD Ameritrade is correct?

Is the chart a minute chart?

Leave a comment:

• Convert
    replied
    Okay so after following the directions I'm still getting a blank chart when I try and load the custom symbol in NT8

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Convert,

New instruments can be added in the Control Center -> Tools -> Instruments window. Click the add button.

Leave a comment:

• Convert
    replied
    Let me try asking this another way. How can I pull a data feed from TD Ameritrade and plot it in NT8 for a symbol that NT8 doesn't recognize out of the box?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Convert,

I'm not familiar with this index.

There is an ^SP500 index.

This thread will remain open for any community members that may be familiar with this index.

Leave a comment:

• Convert
    replied
    Thank you. I've seen that one, but I'm specifically looking for the one regarding the SP500

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Convert,

The NYSE Advancing Issues/Declining Issues index is the ^ADD in NinjaTrader.

You can do a search for advance to pull up a list of these indexes in the instrument search (click the magnifying glass).

Leave a comment:

• Convert
    replied
    I do indeed have a green dot next to TDA in the connections menu

I can load a chart for AAPL

I can't seem to find a chart that's web-based

It just plots the advance/decline of the SP500 so in my mind it should be an index

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post chbruno