Deleted alerts still firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted alerts still firing

I had created two rearming [on condition reversal] alerts on a chart for the same instrument. One fired when the RSI crossed below 70 and the other fired when the RSI crossed above 30. Both fired a "Share a message action" sending messages to my email account and a text message to my verizon phone. When I was done testing my RSI related strategy I went back to the instrument's chart and deleted both alerts.

The problem is I'm still receiving messages for those alerts and I can't find them anywhere in the UI to delete them again. Is the a UI feature that allows me to view all the alerts configured in NT or is there somewhere I can look for them in my file system? Any other suggestions on solving this problem are welcome.

I'm using: NT 8.0.18.1 64-bit

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by stoner; 10-14-2019, 02:38 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

This is indeed unusual behavior. Unfortunately there is no way to find the alerts except in the window where they are created. If you right-click on that chart with the RSI and select "Alerts" do you see any alerts at all?

Do you have any other workspaces besides the primary one you use that may have this alert on a chart?

As a test, please open an Alerts Log (New->Alerts Log). Right-click and select properties and ensure that "Receive alerts from all active workspaces" is checked. Leave it open until the alert triggers, which will give you an option to see where the alert is coming from. If you double left-click on the alert that appears in the Log, it will take you to the chart where the alert lives.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes. I had created another workspace. I opened the older workspace and deleted the alerts and I haven't see a message yet. That was probably it.

I didn't realize the alerts got copied across when new workspaces are created. I suppose that makes sense and its a pretty handy feature.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
      1 response
      0 likes