export all trend lines NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

export all trend lines NT8

Hello, it sure is a topic already discussed but I do not find it easy, could you tell me how to export the NT8 trend lines to another computer so that the graphics are exactly the same? Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the forums.

The following instructions will explain how to backup your NinjaTrader 8 files to a second computer.

Please note that the following list is the items you can choose to include or exclude from your backup (Configuration files, Database, Historical Chart Data, Log and Trace files, Market Replay Data, NinjaScript Files, Templates, Workspaces). Many users exclude the historical chart data, log and trace files, and Market Replay data to reduce the file size.

Also, the new computer will have a different Machine ID and will result in any passwords for account connections being removed along with the NinjaTrader License key being removed. For security purposes all account connections will need to have the username and password re-entered and the License key will also need to be re-entered.

You will also need to contact any 3rd party vendors and let them know that your machine ID has changed. You can locate the new machine ID by the following:
    • Control Center > Help > About... (e.g. Machine ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Follow these steps:
    • Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    • Go to Tools > Export > Backup File
    • Select which items you would like to backup and click 'Export'
    • Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 Backup folder on your PC.

Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    • Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find).
    • Go to Tools > Import > Backup File...
    • Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it

I have also attached the Help Guide section regarding backup and restore below:

Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=backup

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for posting to the forums.

The following instructions will explain how to backup your NinjaTrader 8 files to a second computer.

Please note that the following list is the items you can choose to include or exclude from your backup (Configuration files, Database, Historical Chart Data, Log and Trace files, Market Replay Data, NinjaScript Files, Templates, Workspaces). Many users exclude the historical chart data, log and trace files, and Market Replay data to reduce the file size.

Also, the new computer will have a different Machine ID and will result in any passwords for account connections being removed along with the NinjaTrader License key being removed. For security purposes all account connections will need to have the username and password re-entered and the License key will also need to be re-entered.

You will also need to contact any 3rd party vendors and let them know that your machine ID has changed. You can locate the new machine ID by the following:
      • Control Center > Help > About... (e.g. Machine ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Follow these steps:
      • Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
      • Go to Tools > Export > Backup File
      • Select which items you would like to backup and click 'Export'
      • Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 Backup folder on your PC.

Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
      • Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find).
      • Go to Tools > Import > Backup File...
      • Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it

I have also attached the Help Guide section regarding backup and restore below:

Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=backup

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.
      Ok, but I just want to make a copy of the trend lines, supports and resistors that I have marked, can you tell me that I have to dial only for this? I attached screenshot. Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thank you for your update.

Drawing objects are saved on open charts when the workspace(s) are saved. So to preserve these only you would just want to ensure workspaces was checked. To make sure these are able to be recalled in general, I suggest creating regular backups. This would be the best method to ensure the drawings can be restored in case of unexpected shutdowns or situations where you cannot save. Reminders to run the backups can also be enabled (Tools > Export > Backup File...).

See the below section of our help guide for more on Backup / Restore...

Let us know if we may assist further.

Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by punkiy2111 View Post

Ok, but I just want to make a copy of the trend lines, supports and resistors that I have marked, can you tell me that I have to dial only for this? I attached screenshot. Thank you.
          Hi Heath,

I have run into issue with Trend lines & other drawing objects when the contract is rolled over in the same workspace for the same instrument.
          Can u please help me to figure out how the same drawing obejcts in the same workspace for the same instrument show up on different contracts..

Thanks!!

Comment

Hello Alpha2Omega007,

The date and prices would all relate to the original contract which you drew them on so they may no longer be visible after changing contracts. You can use the drawing objects menu to see applied objects in the chart if you need to move their dates to a closer to the present date.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post SantoshXX  
            Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes