Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No Futures Options Data after new Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Futures Options Data after new Update?

I recently watched a NT8 update video where one of the features was a new options trading chain for futures. However, when I pull up 'Option Chain' under Tools and choose a contract I'm not seeing any data. I'm currently using the version 8.0.19.0 64-bit. Thoughts?

Hello Jschmelz,

Thank you for your note.

This currently only works with a NinjaTrader Continuum connection that has WebAPI enabled both in the NinjaTrader Platform connection and with the NinjaTrader Brokerage account.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/8_0_19_0.htm

Do you have a NinjaTrader Brokerage account with WebAPI enabled?

Is WebAPI enabled in the connection settings in the platform?

What instrument was selected?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Chelsea - thanks for the quick response. I overlooked the WebAPI part so I enabled it and logged off. When I logged back in I got the message 'The WebSocket protocol is not support on this platform (Logon failed).

For your other questions, I am using NinjaTrader Continuum for my connection. I was referring to any/all futures contracts but I'll hold on that now that I know I need the WebAPI checked and working.

Comment

Hello Jschmelz,

Is WebAPI enabled with your NinjaTrader Brokerage account?

Comment

Apparently not - do I just contact the support team through email and notify them that I would like this to be enabled?

Comment

Hello Jschmelz,

You can contact brokeragesupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com or call the support number (brokerage has inbound call support as the calls are generally shorter).
            If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, or want to open an account, we're here to help. Click here to find the appropriate contact for your needs!

Comment

Is NT planning on enabling options trading (stocks, indices, and futures) for other brokerage clients (specifically Interactive Brokers in my case)?

I have no issue subscribing to NT Continuum data for real-time streaming options data (if absolutely necessary, since I already have Kinetick with that data)... but I cannot use another brokerage service since I'm managing an Advisor account with clients under IBKR (my current FCM).

It kind of seems like a 'forced' sales strategy to get clients using NT's brokerage services (nothing against them, but kind of an obvious push there...). It seems trivial to add the other brokerage services for options trading... the APIs are very easy to work with these days.

Please, pretty please - add full support for options trading with other brokerages!

Comment

Hello afcmaff,

We do plan to expand Options support for other brokerage technologies. Options are accessible through Interactive Brokers, but it is slow and unsupported at this time.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
                JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks NinjaTrader_Jim -- yeah I noticed that the 'Option Chain' window does collect and stream data from Kinetick (perhaps in the background), but as you mentioned it's unsupported because all the important data, like the actual strike bids/asks, OI, Greeks, etc. are all blank... and no way to execute orders with IBKR. So I guess my only other question would be: what's your best estimate on when this will be fully supported? Q1 next year? Sooner/Later? This will be a critical feature for active hedging and general trading.

Comment

Something like this (only better) in the NT option chain would be nice...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-25_12-39-58.png
Views:	877
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1075702

Comment

Hello afcmaff,

I cannot comment on when additional connection adapters will be supported or when additional features will be ready in a new version of NinjaTrader.

These features are on our radar and we do have intentions to improve the UI experience for Options trading as well. I've bumped our Product Management group on you comments. Since we have many of these idea on our radar, we won't be submitting this feedback to be tracked in our feature request tracking system quite yet.

Thanks for your feedback!
                      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                      10 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                      Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                      5 responses