Can't place orders on Chart anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't place orders on Chart anymore

Hey guys this will be a fairly quick one I suspect as i'm sure i'm missing something obvious.

I just setup some new instruments off the LSE so I could do some paper trading, getting data off IB and its coming through fine however I can't place orders by right clicking on the chart anymore, the chart trader buttons in the top right work however and any completed trades are marked correctly on the chart however pending orders are not.

If i go over to some older paper trading setups i've had on the nasdaq they still work as expected which leads me to believe i've messed something up on instrument setup however I can't put my finger on it as the chart is updating fine & manual order placement works fine. Any ideas?

Hello blackpooltench,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may take a look at your settings for these instruments, please take a screenshot of the settings (including the Symbol mapping please) from the Instruments window of one of the instruments you are not able to use the right-click menu with.

Also please include what exchange you have selected.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to your reply.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Heres one of them, I have LSE & Default chosen for the 2 exchanges and the only symbol map box I have filled is Interactive Brokers with LLOY the rest are empty.

Comment

Hello blackpooltench,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to test with different settings for the exchange and Symbol Mapping.

Please note however that I am not able to guarantee full functionality of custom instruments however we may try different settings.

Below I have attached an image of settings we may test with.

I have only the Default exchange selected and the LSE exchange in the Symbol Mapping with LLOY|LSE

Attached Files
        Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That seemed to have worked, however strangely its now working on the instruments I didn't change as well, I did restart NT but i had already done that several times when trying to diagnose the problem, the only other thing I can think of thats changed in this time is its now out of hours but thats only a guess. We'll call it fixed for now but i'll post back in tommorow morning if it stops working again, thankyou for your assistance!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH