Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data series panel number not retained over restarts

Hi,

I have an issue where I have a couple chart templates and the data series is in panel 2. Not always, but on many restarts, the data series will start in panel 1, meaning chaos as osociated indicator plots from 'same as data series' get plotted there 2.

Now, this is not a settings thing i think, as when it happens, if you shut down without changing or saving anything and just restart, if you are luck, it starts up OK. Seems entirely random. So, I suggest there might be some issue lurking there. If you suggest anything I can check my side, please let me know. For info, each of these 2 templates as 4 panels. 1 indicator top, data series next, then 2 indicator panels. When it happens, I can go into data series settings and change it from 1 to 2 again, then resize all my panels, but it's pretty annoying.... Thanks!

This is on .19 btw - happened on .18 as well though. Been an issue for some time.

As an aside, if I right click and re-load the template, it'll load OK, so it seems to just be messing up when restoring the workspace from startup.

Hello pjsmith,

Thanks for posting.

Are you able to establish a sequence of events that will reproduce this behavior?

Does this reoccur in a new workspace?

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files and your workspace to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Please also include the .xml file for the workspace. This may be found within Documents >workspaces
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

No, it's random - as stated, you can start up, the problem is there. You can shut down without saving or changing anything, start again, and it will be OK. . I have rebuild the workspace several times, including a couple months back. The issue has always re-occurred. there are no errors i can see in the logs re it, but I will bundle them up and send. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
      12 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DrakeiJosh  
      Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rhubear