Ninja Trader 8 ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader 8 ports

Good morning to all. I am installing NT8 on the company computer and it does not work. I connect well but then I do not receive data and the graphics do not load or update. I have been told that it may be due to the Firewall used by the company. What ports does NT8 use?

If the connection is green, then there is likely no issue with firewall/virus protection. With the information you've provided, I suspect your connection may not be enabled for real-time data.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Is this connection a demo data feed, or a live (paid) brokerage data feed?
    • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

dear patrick
      Thanks for the speed in answering. I will try to answer the questions you ask me: - NT8 version is 8.0.18.0 - it's a DEMO version - the temporality used is: ticks 1600, 610, 210 and in candles 15, 5 and 2. The rest of the questions you ask me will not answer exactly, could you give me more details?

Comment

A demo futures feed provides real-time data for popular US futures instruments, however, it does not provide real-time data for all futures. Answering the question of what instrument you're trying to view and what (if any) errors you're seeing is the next critical information I need:
        • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
        • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        If you're not sure how to answer the questions above, please clarify exactly what I can elaborate on.

Also, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

dear Patrick

I usually use Eurusd, USJPY, USDCHF, GER30, XAU ... When I connect, LOADING appears but does not load anything. I don't see any message in the control center.
          Sometimes when I use the Simulated Data Feed option I receive the data but in the normal Ninja trader FXCM option I receive nothing

Comment

Patrick
            this appears to me when I connect "Using HDS (hds-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com/31655)" but a few seconds later "Conection lost to the Ninja Trader Historical Data Server: hds-us-nt-001.ninjatrader.com" I hope this helps

Comment

The FXCM demo should provide you with real-time and historical data for some of the forex pairs you listed. Let's try to eliminate any networking problems to ensure you can remain connected. I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
              • Restart NinjaTrader
              • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
              • Restart your PC
              • Clear your DNS
              • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
              • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
              • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.
              Please let me know what (if any) step resolves the symptom

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jclose
              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
              10 responses