Way to compare symbols?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to compare symbols?

I want to be able to compare 2 symbols and plot the result as a line. For example NYSE ATHI divided by ATLO or ES divided by SPX. Is there a way to do this in NT8? If it helps, I'm just trying to replicate the Compare functionality in Tradingview.

The is a 'Correlation' indicator available in 8.0.19.0 and later which accomplishes some of what you desire. The definition of the 'Correlation' indicator is:

"plots the correlation of the data series to a desired instrument. Values close to 1 indicate movement in the same direction. Values close to -1 indicate movement in opposite directions. Values near 0 indicate no correlation"

Here is an example of EURUSD 'correlated' to USDJPY:

To make a comparison which includes a third instrument or variable, custom programming would be required. I could not locate any indicator which seemed to meet your exact needs, however, I recommend that you browse the user app share section of our publicly available NinjaTrader Ecosystem website.

Additionally, I encourage other forums users to provide any relevant resources.

Finally, if you're interested in creating this indicator yourself via custom NinjaScript programming, please make a post over in the NinjaScript sub-forums and a NinjaScript technician will provide educational resources to assist you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Aviram Y  
    Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby