removing indicator text from chart panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing indicator text from chart panel

Is there a way to get rid of all the text at the top of my chary panel that describe the indicators that are enabled on that chart? I am using NT8.0.19.1

Thanks

Hello ralett,

Thanks for your post.

The indicator labels have 3 options:

Option 1 is the default behavior that will display the indicator name and all parameters used.

Option 2 is the enclose the indicators name in quotes, this will display just the indicator name on the chart. To do this, right mouse click on the chart and select "indicators", next select the indicator that is applied to the chart, locate the row Label and enclose the name of the indicator in quotes, for EMA becomes "EMA".

Tip: The label is simply text so you can actually put anything in here that you might want to add as a note on the chart (just make sure to enclose in quotes).

Option 3 is to delete the indicator label altogether. To do this, right mouse click on the chart and select "indicators", next select the indicator that is applied to the chart, locate the row Label and delete the label. This will have no effect on and is applicable to this instance of the indicator only so if you use the indicator again or elsewhere it will return to Option 1.

Helpguide reference: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...indicators.htm see "How to edit an indicator's parameter" then Label.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

PaulH - "
      will have no effect on and is applicable to this instance of the indicator only so if you use the indicator again or elsewhere it will return to Option 1.
      "
      Correct me if I am wrong/memory is failing me, but if the OP wants to do precisely this i.e. banish the annoying label for good for any further instance of said indicator. and avoid War & Peace taking over their chart panel, Option 4. advice would be to Save chart ! Template ! Default after carrying out Option 3, then "
      will have no effect on and is applicable to this instance of the indicator only so if you use the indicator again or elsewhere it will return to Option 1.
      " Not.

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thanks for your post.

I provided the direct answer to the o.p.s' question, "...get rid of all the text at the top of my chary panel that describe the indicators that are enabled on that chart?"

The point of #3, "will have no effect on and is applicable to this instance of the indicator only so if you use the indicator again or elsewhere it will return to Option 1" is to provide assurances to the O.P. that they can delete the label without fear of causing permanent change to it. In my experience this is a concern some people have expressed in deleting the label.

Saving an entire chart template, with indicators settings is helpful if you need to use that same chart format in the future. Another alternative would be to configure all of the indicators settings to your preferences and then using the indicators template and "save as default" so that any time that indicator is used, it will be applied with the settings (preferences) you have applied. This used to be called "preset" and was changed to be a full template function so you can now configure an indicator any number of ways, saving different templates that can be called up as/when needed via template>load in the indicator's property panel. This is helpful for example when using the OrderFlow tools as they contain so many options it is ice to set up the different variations once, save as an indicator template and call that up when needed.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post vecnopus  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses