Import failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import failed

Trying to reimport The Donchian Trading System and get 'Import failed'.
    "The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC..."

What is the problem arising and how do I fix it?

TIA

D

This typically indicates that the add-on (or an older version of the add-on) is already imported or that you have another add-on that is too similar to the indicator you're trying to import.

Do you have another version of this same add-on already imported?
    Do you have other custom add-ons imported? If so, would any of them be similar to the one you're now trying to import?

If possible, please provide the add-ons zip file so I may test on my end.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I imported the referenced Strategy a while back and deleted it. I tried to reimport it this AM and got the problem described. Just down load the Donchian Trading System from the Ninja Eco archive, which is what I did. If you want what I downloaded, let me know.

Comment

Just for clarification, I assume you're referring to this add-on from the User App Share section:

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ding-system-2/

I am able to import this without issue on my end, so I suspect that there is either a lingering item from when you previously had it installed, or you have another add-on which is too similar.

Can you elaborate on how you deleted this previously?

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Yes,

I Opened up the Strategy folder in the NS Editor side panel, found the Donchian strategy clicked on it and chose 'Delete'.

Comment

It seems like there is also an indicator imported with this strategy: "TASCDonchianNT8". Did you also remove that indicator? If not, can you do so now and attempt to import?

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

I looked in the Indicator folder, found the culprit and deleted it. The Import worked fine.

Again, Thanks.

Comment

Looking for help along the same lines.

I had an issue after a software crash. Prior to the crash I successfully imported and used a NinjaScript Add-On Indicator that was licensed by a 3rd party. After the crash, I realized that my Add-on had an error message that came up under NinjaScript Editor/compile that had to be addressed. Tried deleting the indicator but was unsuccessful. I deleted my Ninjatrader software from my computer and reinstalled Ninjatrader 8 which cleared the issue but when I reinstalled the add-on indicator, I received the following two error messages that I uploaded.

In my NinjaScript Editor/Indicator tab their isn't anything to delete and I'm wondering if I when I deleted my Ninjatrader folder and backup if there is anything else I can do to fix the issue?
                Attached Files

Comment

monty9d , I suspect that the way NinjaTrader was uninstalled was not 'complete' which left custom add-on files from the original installation in place.

Can you elaborate further on exactly what steps you took when you " ...deleted my Ninjatrader software from my computer...". Did you manually delete the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder? Or did you only uninstall using Windows uninstaller?

Comment

Hey Patrick, thanks for getting back to me. I first uninstalled NInjaTrader 8 using Windows uninstall function. Then I manually deleted my NinjaTrader folder and backup folder from my computer documents. I then reinstalled NinjaTrader 8 and tried to reinstall my NinjaTrader add-on indicator and the picture of the popup windows came up saying I hadn’t completely deleted the original indicator.

Comment

The steps you're describing seem as if they would have removed any add-on files. I would recommend taking these steps just to be sure:
                      • Close all running applications.
                      • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
                      • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                      • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
                      • Reboot your PC.
                      • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post adeelshahzad