Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot Executions from previous Strategies rounds are sticking to all charts

Hi

It seems the plot executions form previous strategies that have been executed are accumulating at the Forex charts I am using. I tried to reload historical data and start a new chart from scratch ( didn't work) and follow the procedures listed in this Forum link (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...text-on-graphs), but this also prevents any strategy from showing future plot executions.

For instance, attached is a picture of the chart I am using . You can observe there is no Strategy activated, however the chart is full of plot executions, from many different strategy execution rounds. If I create a new chart some or all of the plots ( not sure now) are carried over to the chart, from scratch.

How can I reset this behavior without using the option at Data Series> Plot executions> Do Not Plot (that would avoid any future plots)? I just want to start over from a blank chart with no previous plots on it, which should the simplest thing, but for reason the previous plots are sticking to any charts created.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plots detail.png
Views:	259
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1075403
    Attached Files

Hello bouncetherubble,

The executions that appear when no strategies are applied would be executions on the account. To not display these you would need to remove the executions from the account. Was this the Sim101 account? if so you can reset the account to clear these trades.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    • Right click on your simulation account and select Edit Account
    • Press the "Reset" button
    The Plot Executions option in the DataSeries menu controls all executions both historical and realtime so toggling that will prevent you from seeing new executions in addition to the old ones.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jess,

Yes, it is Sim101 account, so your Reset explanation will work well, but when I face this same scenario at a Real Money account, What should I do to safely get rid of the plots from previous strategies rounds?

Thanks Much
      G

PS (Edited) -Can someone take a look at my last interaction in this thread?
      Hi Support team, I am getting ready to test a strategy I built using Strategy Builder and have had some doubts reviewing NT8 platform today. Not really about using the Strategy Builder, but mostly on entering Spread as a setting ( Forex) and how trade data is presented in NT8 using DEMO, REPLAY and LIVE MARKET. Please let me

Kate already provided priceless and detailed information, but I am looking forward the last answer to know if I should definitely deploy a tick-based solution to test Forex Strategies with the broker Bid/Ask Spread, or if the option I mention at the bottom of this thread also contains the broker Spread.

Thanks
      G
      Last edited by bouncetherubble; 10-23-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Hello bouncetherubble,

If you are placing trades to a live account and have that account selected the trades would be shown. Generally this is not an issue going forward in realtime because this is new data incoming and no trades will have been placed over that data.

For historical bars the trades will be displayed when you have no strategy applied because they actually happened and are in your account performance, this is controlled by the ChartTrader and its selected account. Once you re apply a new strategy to the chart the existing executions that were displayed should be cleared and the strategies new backtest results would be shown instead, in both situations you should see historical executions. If you simply do not want historical executions to show up you would need to use DoNotPlot and draw your own markers in realtime only.

In regard to the other thread, Kate will reply once she has time to review the case further.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Ok thanks much. But eventually, those trades should go away somehow... They are still upon opening another chart of the same instrument.

Or else, they will be tied to the instrument "forever" , unless NT8 is reinstalled?

Thanks much,
          G

Comment

Hello bouncetherubble,

The trades will go away as data progresses forward and the trades move into the past, they will no longer be visible. Otherwise you can clear the database however you would not be able to utilize the trade performance items to review that data if you do that. You can utilize the Tools -> Database menu to do different database actions such as resetting it.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi

Thanks again, but I think it wouldn't harm to have a toggle on/off check box to avoid the attached looks at a chart.

Users (like me) intuitively see this as a bug, not as normal behavior.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_10_23_18_57_35_Window.png
Views:	227
Size:	676.5 KB
ID:	1075489

Best,
              G
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post