Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy won't enable..

Hi,

I created a strategy in Strategy Builder.. When I go to enable it in a chart I'll click "Apply" then click "Ok" and the check mark is removed.. I've created many strategies and this is a first.. Can't seem to figure out why it's removing the check mark..

Michael

Hello Mykro,

Thank you for your post.

When this occurs it means the strategy has hit an immediate error and disabled itself. Do you see any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center after you try to enable it? If so, what is the full text of the error?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Mykro,

Just following up to see if you'd had a chance to check your log tab for errors.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Hello Kate,

I fixed the problem... Sorry I didn't let you know sooner... Thank you for checking up on me though... Have a nice day..!

Michael

Comment

Hello Ninjatrader_Kate, I have the same problem. However, I cannot find the log tab in the Control Center window. Clicking on the "New" tab, there is an alerts log, but it is empty. Where can I find the log that you are referring to? thanks

Comment

Hello ronaldgreene828,

Thank you for your note.

The log tab may be found along the bottom of the Control Center window as seen here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-23_08-19-08.png
Views:	914
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1202519

If you do not see the Log tab, clicking on the + sign next to the other tabs should allow you to add that tab back.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Thanks very much. I always have the Control window low with the bottom off screen and I didn't think to look there.

Comment

Hello again,

so when loading a new strategy in a chart, the enabled box cannot be enabled. After clicking OK, the following error is generated in the log:

"Strategy 'aGannKeltner1': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method; Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

This is an older strategy and so I excluded this strategy from compilation. Now when I load the new strategy, it still will not enable and now there is no error generated in the log.
                I've tried loading other strategies into the chart, and none can be enabled. I restarted Ninjatrader 8, but the problem has not changed.

I also checked for the correct instrument and date in the data series if it makes a difference.
                Last edited by ronaldgreene828; 05-23-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Hello ronaldgreene828,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you able to enable the built in Sample MA Crossover on the Sim101 account or does that not enable either?

Could you provide the newer strategy that still will not enable?

Are you connected to a real time data provider when attempting to enable?

Any further detail or screenshots you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi, ok so this is a little embarrassing. I have no live connection because I need to fund my account again. I activated the playback connection and now the Sample MA Crossover and other strategies load on the chart. Thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post alifarahani  
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH