X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Could Not Compile NinjaScript"... Error Window

Hello,

See Image Attached...

I'm getting an error on creating or editing a strategy.. This is something I haven't seen lately..
    After it pops up the NinjaScript Editor pops too, but I can't find anywhere where the error is, so I can't fix the problem.. Looking at my strategy there shouldn't be a problem.. But it's saying there is...
    How do I find the error and fix it..?? Otherwise I have to start from scratch and rebuild my strategy.. Help...!

Thank You
    Michael

Click image for larger version

Name:	Could Not Compile NinjaScript.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1075608

Hello Mykro ,

Thank you for the question.

Is this with specifically the Strategy Builder when you compile? I would likely need to test the strategy if it was built with the builder to see if I also can get the error. If that is the case, can you either attach the strategy or email our platform support @ ninjatrader.com and attach the .cs file for me to review? I would need the file from the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies.

What are the specific details surrounding the error, are you generating a brand new strategy with nothing in it and then seeing this message when pressing Compile/f5? Is there a specific condition you used and then saw the error? Does this happen only with older strategies and new strategies do not have the same issue?

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse,

I'm using Ninjatrader 8.0.19.0 64-bit

I fixed the problem through trial and error..

The NinjaScript is sensitive to naming conventions.. I had a varirable that was the culprit and re-named it on a hunch.. But the problem is that there is nothing that tells you where or what the problem is...
      Also, that error message pops up from time to time when I have done alot of editing to a strategy... When I have copied and pasted quite a bit from one tab to the next tab from moving things around.. It would be so nice if the Set Tabs were like their own text editors so as to edit those lines of code, and the tabs were like the sheet tabs in Excel where you can move them around, rename them, color code them, etc.. Maybe someday perhaps those items will be implemented..?

Thank You
      Michael
      Last edited by Mykro; 10-24-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Hello Mykro,

Thank you for following up.

Can you tell me what variable name was being used? Potentially we can put in better handling here, I will certainly report that to development.

I will also put in a feature request for the tabs, you can already move them around however the other items you noted I will put in a request for.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes