Show Crosshair with the mouse cursor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Crosshair with the mouse cursor

I would like to ability to show the mouse cursor along with the Crosshair. Maybe an option to turn it on and off. Maybe even offer same cursor as NT7 or a selection of cursors.

The drawn hardware cursor is shown in real time where as the Crosshair can have a small lag. It's easier to visualize where the Crosshair will be when it catches up to the actual mouse cursor position. It will enhance the users experience.
    Last edited by hurleydood; 05-25-2018, 11:57 AM.

Thanks for the suggestion, hurleydood. I'll submit this to the Development Team and update this post when I receive a tracking number.

EDIT - Here are the tracking number:
    • Crosshair performance - SFT-1592
    • Crosshair show/hide cursor toggle option - SFT-2386
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-30-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

jenifermendonza,I am not familiar with the instructions you've given as being relevant for NinjaTrader. Is this a copy and paste from a section of a help guide? If so, what platform is it for? Or is this a built-in Windows/Mac feature that is independent of NinjaTrader? Please go into further detail about the information you've provided.

Comment

I can't speak for jenifermendoza, but I am going to piggyback on this thread since she hasn't responded in several days and what she seems to be asking for would solve a problem I just began experiencing.

In NT7, when multiple charts are open and Global Crosshairs are active, the mouse cursor will still be visible with the global crosshairs pinned to the cursor. When a drawing tool is selected, but not yet applied to the chart, the cursor will change into a pencil and then change back into the cursor when the selected drawing tool is applied to the chart. It has been this way for the 5+ years I have been using NT7.

As of this morning, the cursor is missing from my charts when global crosshairs is selected and I can't seem to make it reappear as long as global crosshairs is selected. Last night this problem did not exist, but when I opened my charts this morning, the cursor was gone. And when selecting a drawing tool, the pencil does not appear. This makes it impossible to tell which chart my mouse is hovering over unless I move the crosshairs to a margin or top bar, at which point the cursor reappears.

I am going to have to stop trading until this issue is resolved, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Quath,

Thanks for posting.

I see you have wrote in on another thread with a similar issue. I have sent steps to provide me with the necessary diagnostic files via an email on the other post.

Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.
          Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes